Metal Storm logo
Pain Of Salvation - Debut First Track From 'Falling Home'

As you know, proggers Pain Of Salvation are about to release an acoustic album called Falling Home. The first track off this release is now being launched and you can check out the acoustic version of "Linoleum" right now right here. You might remember this track from their 2010 album Road Salt One. Enjoy!

Falling Home will be released in Europe on November 10th, 2014 and January 13th, 2015 in North America via the band's label partner InsideOutMusic. Pre-order your copy here.

Daniel Gildenlöw commented about the track "Linoleum": "I love the versatility of this animal, and I keep dragging it into different contexts to see how it will adapt and respond. In other words, this track was a given when we started discussing an acoustic project, and probably the first one I sat down with to rearrange. I have always loved to play around with the emotional spectrum of suppressed rage in music and lyrics, and making this song acoustic called for even higher levels of challenge when it came to finding that perfect balance of dialed down subtlety and sudden bursts of emotional display. I love how it came out in the end. An agile predator. Let's invent a word today: Pantheresque."

Tracklist:
01. Stress
02. Linoleum
03. To The Shoreline
04. Holy Diver [Dio cover]
05. 1979
06. Chain Sling
07. Perfect Day [Lou Reed cover]
08. Mrs. Modern Mother Mary
09. Flame To The Moth
10. Spitfall
11. Falling Home
12. She Likes To Hide [limited edition digipack CD bonus]
13. King Of Loss [limited edition digipack CD bonus]

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Pain Of Salvation
Posted: 17.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 90 users
17.10.2014 - 13:44
PocketMetal

I honestly thought Falling Home was gonna be a completely new album. Well maybe they record a non-acoustic metal album instead, that sounds like a dream, though.
17.10.2014 - 15:35
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Nothing too exciting - I prefer the original by far.
17.10.2014 - 16:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by PocketMetal on 17.10.2014 at 13:44

I honestly thought Falling Home was gonna be a completely new album. Well maybe they record a non-acoustic metal album instead, that sounds like a dream, though.

Maybe Daniel will be interested in metal again, but somehow I don't see it happening. Oh, well. I might be wrong. I would be pleased with something like their latest albums too
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.10.2014 - 18:13
Liquid

It doesn't have to be metal for me, but I'm just getting bored with the lack of new Pain of Salvation material. I adore Road Salt Two, and I thought they were going to have a lot of momentum, plus new band members that might add to the sound... and nothing. Band's been too quiet.

Hits total: 2358 | This month: 4