Metal Storm logo
Virgin Steele - Announce New Album

Virgin Steele is finally releasing a new album! Their label SPV/Steamhammer is proud to announce a new studio album for February/March 2015. This will be the first full-length album with brand new songs since The Black Light Bacchanalia which was released in 2010.

David DeFeis describes the new album: "....it is a very heavy non-concept type album in the vein of something like a Noble Savage or an Age Of Consent, where there is no particular 'story' that one has to follow. It is instead a straightforward collection of songs that work well together. It is about 80-90% tracked already, and final mixing will begin next month!"

He further stated that: "I know that we announced a box-set was to be issued this autumn, which in addition to two more re-issues, would also have included a new bonus album called Ghost Harvest, (which by the way is finished and ready to go)....but... the group and I and our label all feel that the time is right now first for some brand new US metal in the style that Virgin Steele deliver, therefore the new album is now our focus but...fear not...the previously discussed box set will be released later next year, most likely a short time after we issue the brand new release that we are currently completing. And for those who were asking...yes... the new album does have a title and I will reveal it in the weeks ahead...With these new recordings we have gone back to some earlier methods of recording such as using analog tape, and the whole thing sounds and feels very organic. To conclude...the group and I are really happy with the new material and we are sure that all the fans who waited so long will be more than pleased!"

Watch out for more info to be revealed soon.

Courtesy of the label

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Virgin Steele
Posted: 17.10.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 9 users
19.10.2014 - 01:47
mikeprado30

Well, I hope David will sound better than in the Tolkki's album, cause that thing really SHOULD NOT BE!!!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 1536 | This month: 5