Metal Storm logo
Diablo Swing Orchestra - New Single And Lyric Video Online

The Swedish mergers of swing and metal Diablo Swing Orchestra have a new lyric video for us. It is "Jigsaw Hustle," the first single for the still unnamed album number 4 after Pandora's Piñata. This song also features the band's new vocalist Kristin Evegård and as promised, a good amount of disco beats. You can enjoy the new song below, and don't forget to dance.

Kristin Evegård replaces Annlouice Loegdlund, who left the band to pursue her opera career.

Photo by Klas Hjertberg at Dallas Motion Agency

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Diablo Swing Orchestra
Posted: 19.10.2014 by PocketMetal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 44   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 282 users
19.10.2014 - 13:26
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
This isn't what DSO is capable of
19.10.2014 - 13:29
Zap
Sounds more like a pop metal song than a swing metal or avantgarde metal song. This is rubbish.
19.10.2014 - 13:38
PocketMetal

From what I hear this album is gonna be quite versatile, and they already said this song is gonna be a disco-y one, so I wasn't surprised. Great song, imo.
19.10.2014 - 14:15
annodomini

I will repeat what I said on their facebook: I am surprised by DSO fan base. We, who adore the band, always knew that they like to experiment, that they have no boundaries and that they are not exactly a pure metal band. So I can't get why so many complaints, I imagined DSO fans were more open minded. I found the new singer really interesting, she will give more freedom to DSO sound and vocal lines. The song itself is also very enjoyable.
----
the riddle wants to be...
19.10.2014 - 14:17
In5anity

Oh no, they are pulling a Nightwish.
19.10.2014 - 14:42
musclassia

I really liked it, thought it was a lot of fun
19.10.2014 - 15:44
Darkside Momo
Retired
Good song indeed, though I probably won't like the album if it's all in the same vein - which is quite unlikely given who we're talking about
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.10.2014 - 15:59
Ivor
Staff
Heh, I actually really like it. I feel it's more exciting than their last albums which, although enjoyable, seem to have passed me by. Nice change, I think.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
19.10.2014 - 16:33
whatsacow

This is a fun song, though I miss Annlouice already. I was hoping her departure would mean more of Daniel's vocals though. I love his operatic lows vocals and pop-punkish highs
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
19.10.2014 - 16:57
Lethrokai

This song reminds me greatly of a disco version of A Tap Dancer's Dillemma, where the metal elements are hardly present at all.

The main thing is, disco is much closer to pop than swing is, so people immediately come to the conclusion of "pop metal" for whatever reason.

Overall, it's a pretty solid song, and good single material. I actually think Kirstin's voice fits the style quite well too. Not expecting the same sort of thing for the rest of the album though.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
19.10.2014 - 17:07
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Didn't think much of the song, not sure whether its the music, new vocalist or both, didn't like it at all.
19.10.2014 - 17:08
Doge of Venice

Written by Zap on 19.10.2014 at 13:29

Sounds more like a pop metal song than a swing metal or avantgarde metal song. This is rubbish.

You say that as if avantgarde metal has a specific sound.

-

Why can't an avantgarde metal song sound like something from an 80s disco? Perhaps the disco beats and the new singer cloud people's judgement? Because everything else practically sounds the same. It's not the best song, but there are still some interesting elements in there. It seems like they are still trying to pile all the ideas into tiny compressed spaced of time, whereas I did prefer the more controller, sparse nature of the first album. But it's still interesting.

I get the feeling a lot of people will jump on the new vocalist because she, on the basis of this song, is more of a pop singer. Surely that's just another interesting thing to fuse into their style?

EDIT: Yeah, I'm on the same boat as Lethrokai.
19.10.2014 - 17:13
Doge of Venice

Oh, I also get the idea this song was made to showcase the new singer. So that's why we got no Daniel this time.
19.10.2014 - 17:17
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Sounds like Akphaezya
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
19.10.2014 - 17:32
Lethrokai

Written by Doge of Venice on 19.10.2014 at 17:08

I get the feeling a lot of people will jump on the new vocalist because she, on the basis of this song, is more of a pop singer.

I actually did a little research on her, and it seems like she considers herself more of a folk singer than anything. So it'll be interesting to see where they go with her.
----
19.10.2014 - 17:45
Doge of Venice

Written by Lethrokai on 19.10.2014 at 17:32

I get the feeling a lot of people will jump on the new vocalist because she, on the basis of this song, is more of a pop singer.

I actually did a little research on her, and it seems like she considers herself more of a folk singer than anything. So it'll be interesting to see where they go with her.

Hmmm. Maybe in that case she decided to try to sing in a pop style for the song, since they were going all disco?

I certainly feel she struggled with the high notes of the chorus. Well, maybe she didn't struggle - but something about it was off and slightly annoying.
19.10.2014 - 17:49
Lethrokai

Written by Doge of Venice on 19.10.2014 at 17:45

Hmmm. Maybe in that case she decided to try to sing in a pop style for the song, since they were going all disco?

I certainly feel she struggled with the high notes of the chorus. Well, maybe she didn't struggle - but something about it was off and slightly annoying.

Probably that. Like I said before, disco is pretty damn close to pop in terms of style. Funnily enough, the way she handled her poppier notes occasionally reminded me of Asphodel from Pin-Up Went Down.
----
19.10.2014 - 17:50
Zap

Nah, I just meant that their other stuff is crazy and fun while this to me sounds bland and too normal for what this band usually does.

The picture's still crazy and fun though, so I have hope for the rest of the album.
19.10.2014 - 17:55
Doge of Venice

Written by Lethrokai on 19.10.2014 at 17:49

Written by Doge of Venice on 19.10.2014 at 17:45

Probably that. Like I said before, disco is pretty damn close to pop in terms of style. Funnily enough, the way she handled her poppier notes occasionally reminded me of Asphodel from Pin-Up Went Down.

Yeah, it is pretty close and I think that is what they were going for.

Never heard PUWD. Any good?

Written by Zap on 19.10.2014 at 17:50

Nah, I just meant that their other stuff is crazy and fun while this to me sounds bland and too normal for what this band usually does.

The picture's still crazy and fun though, so I have hope for the rest of the album.

Ah, I agree with that. It's not the most crazy or OTT song ever.

And yeah, I am really curious about that image.
19.10.2014 - 18:25
Lethrokai

Written by Doge of Venice on 19.10.2014 at 17:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I'd recommend them. Found out about them here of all places. They had a really unique style, and their singer Asphodel had a really unique style to her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTLWAkgXqC4 - This is often seen as one of their best songs.

That being said, Asphodel left the band earlier on this year, and there hasn't really been any sort of update on potential work since.
----
19.10.2014 - 18:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Metallic suits, female-fronted disco metal, why does this seem very unoriginal to me?

19.10.2014 - 18:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 19.10.2014 at 18:29

Metallic suits, female-fronted disco metal, why does this seem very unoriginal to me?

Haha, so true.
19.10.2014 - 19:28
Doge of Venice

Written by Lethrokai on 19.10.2014 at 18:25

Written by Doge of Venice on 19.10.2014 at 17:55

Yeah, I'd recommend them. Found out about them here of all places. They had a really unique style, and their singer Asphodel had a really unique style to her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTLWAkgXqC4 - This is often seen as one of their best songs.

That being said, Asphodel left the band earlier on this year, and there hasn't really been any sort of update on potential work since.

I can kinda hear the similarity, actually. They are pretty crazy. A little too disjointed for my tastes, but nice!
19.10.2014 - 19:34
WTF I listened to?
19.10.2014 - 20:31
WinterMadness

Sounds pretty good. The new singer fits in well with the character of the band, and remember: the single is NEVER the best song.
This album will probably be divisive like Turisas2013 was; but that just separates the DSO fans from the specific album style fans.
19.10.2014 - 20:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I actually like the voice. It aint as good as the previous but I dont mind at all since it provides the opportunity for changes

but the music itself... No. they dropped the ball on this one.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.10.2014 - 21:48
Gothmog_Motsham

NO. "runs back to a cave and plays The Butcher's Ballroom for the next 24 hours to wash that new song off"
19.10.2014 - 22:38
Isserggie
Account deleted
Vocal melodies are boring as hell, that's the problem, not the singer or the disco-pop-swing-metal mix, which I actually find cool & fresh.
19.10.2014 - 22:47
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Introspekrieg on 19.10.2014 at 18:29

yeah, though about them too before listening to the song. The result is quite different imo
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
20.10.2014 - 03:07
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Darkside Momo on 19.10.2014 at 22:47

yeah, though about them too before listening to the song. The result is quite different imo

I agree it's different, it's much worse than anything Chrome Hoof have done.

Hits total: 8009 | This month: 5