Metal Storm logo
City of Boston Freaks out over LiteBrite

09.02.2007 - 00:24
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
This story is about a week old, but quite interesting nonetheless. Apparently, these two dudes were promoting the upcoming Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie, and to do it, they created LED symbols of the Mooninites (two characters from Aqua Teen Hunger Force). They placed these LED symbols all over the city of Boston, and they were there for nearly two weeks. When the LED symbols were finally noticed, the entire city freaked out and thought they were bombs planted by terrorists. It wasn't until they tried remotely detonating them did they realize that it was just a harmless LiteBrite fixture. You can read the whole story here.

Opinions? Comments?
09.02.2007 - 01:30
kiwibaby
Account deleted
Wow.... just... wow
09.02.2007 - 04:02
Hyvaarin

Absolutely moronic hahaha.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
09.02.2007 - 08:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
"I saw the bomb squad guys carrying a paper bag with their bare hands," Higgins said. "I knew it couldn't be too serious."-
what sick terrorist would disguise his bombs in some LED symbols depicting a cartoon?? i wonder who started the whole bomb craze. probably some deranged grandma...
09.02.2007 - 12:57
APOHAKC
The Bard
What a idiots, this is real proof of human idiotism
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.02.2007 - 04:20
Winter Death
Account deleted
The real shit of it all is that those things have been up for like 3 weeks in numerous cities. Way to go Boston for finally realizing that something was horribly out of place in your shitty city almost a month after they were put up. Now only imagine if those were real bombs. Would it take 3 weeks for someone to notice those?
11.02.2007 - 01:29
tulkas
el parcero
yep, we humans can be really stupid sometimes

I don't think there's anything else to say about this
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
11.02.2007 - 21:38
Sunioj

Speaking of Paranoia
11.02.2007 - 23:45
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I actually love Aquateen, It's Hillarious, and it pisses me off that this happened because this is going to make ATHF as well as Adult Swim Look bad.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
13.02.2007 - 05:45
LethargyMan

Well everybody around here in Massachusetts is pretty angry with Boston's gross overreaction... but what was worse was how the local news was decrying the "guerrilla advertising."

The most disgusting thing I heard this month by a news anchor was "You know... this story really shows us how vulnerable we are." Fuck the fearmongering.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
14.02.2007 - 14:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
At least 'terrorising' the city was for a good cause ... Aqua Teen Hunger Force is funny as!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
14.02.2007 - 21:47
Carrion
Account deleted
Hum.. And I thought I was paranoid
15.02.2007 - 00:46
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.02.2007 at 21:47

Hum.. And I thought I was paranoid

That's America for you; it's the land of the paranoid, the ignorant, and the politically correct.
15.02.2007 - 01:38
kiwibaby
Account deleted
I agree =D