Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God, Best To Worst

Thumbs up: 0
My rundown of Lamb of God's discography.

Created by: flightoficarus | 22.10.2014

1. Lamb Of God - As The Palaces Burn
2003 The perfect union of matured riffs with gritty, dark production.
2. Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake
2004 This album takes all of the great riffs from the previous album and puts them into a cleaner, more mainstream production.
3. Lamb Of God - Resolution
2012 This album was a surprise. I am not a big fan of Wrath. Resolution feels much more akin to my top-2 in its riffs and vocals.
4. Lamb Of God - Burn the Priest
2005 (reissue) Total grower. It's much more extreme and the death influence is overpowering. Still excellent.
5. Lamb Of God - New American Gospel
2000 More union of thrash and death. Those vocals are so raw. There is a reason that Black Label is still a mainstay at shows.
6. Lamb Of God - Sacrament
2006 They started to lose me a bit here. The production is a bit inconsistent and the lyrics took a few steps in the wrong direction. Is he being ironic at times?
7. Lamb Of God - Wrath
2009 Total mixed bag. There are some decent songs and riff, but more filler than on any other release. Something about this one just feels flat.

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by flightoficarus ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 7   Visited by: 50 users
22.10.2014 - 22:23
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Burn the Priest and NAG are honestly pretty head-to-head, so that was difficult. I also feel lame putting them after Resolution, but that album is just more fun and replayable to me than the other two. Wrath is just unredeemably terrible.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
22.10.2014 - 22:36
Ilham
Giant robot
Finally someone who prefers As The Palaces Burn to Ashes Of The Wake.
22.10.2014 - 23:49
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by Ilham on 22.10.2014 at 22:36

Finally someone who prefers As The Palaces Burn to Ashes Of The Wake.

It was my first. Waxing nostalgia here, I was in my friend's basement after school watching headbanger's ball. 11th Hour came on and we didn't say a word until it was over. That is still my favorite song of theirs to this day. The whole album is fairly simple, but extremely effective. It has this gloom hanging over it that none of the other albums have. It's just dark, heavy, and hits that sweet spot of gritty death to polished thrash before they went full mainstream success on the next album.
----
23.10.2014 - 00:40
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by flightoficarus on 22.10.2014 at 23:49

It was my first. Waxing nostalgia here, I was in my friend's basement after school watching headbanger's ball. 11th Hour came on and we didn't say a word until it was over. That is still my favorite song of theirs to this day. The whole album is fairly simple, but extremely effective. It has this gloom hanging over it that none of the other albums have. It's just dark, heavy, and hits that sweet spot of gritty death to polished thrash before they went full mainstream success on the next album.

The circumstances weren't the same, the song wasn't the same (For You Malice), but the passion in your post could have been the same in mine if I weren't so lazy. I was just illegally downloading random songs on Limewire using just a keyword as vague as "metal" - and boom. Ah... 2003. Ashes Of The Wake really isn't far behind at all though. To me it was a confirmation.

But hey, I just realised, aren't you saying you prefer an album over the other just because it came first?
23.10.2014 - 04:28
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by Ilham on 23.10.2014 at 00:40

Written by flightoficarus on 22.10.2014 at 23:49

The circumstances weren't the same, the song wasn't the same (For You Malice), but the passion in your post could have been the same in mine if I weren't so lazy. I was just illegally downloading random songs on Limewire using just a keyword as vague as "metal" - and boom. Ah... 2003. Ashes Of The Wake really isn't far behind at all though. To me it was a confirmation.

But hey, I just realised, aren't you saying you prefer an album over the other just because it came first?

Bastard! Lol but not exactly. It's hard to say which I would have preferred if i heard the other first. They are very close. I still maintain that i prefer the tone of ATPB. For Your Malice is in top three songs with Ruin. Those 3 make me want to just destroy things.
----
23.10.2014 - 04:29
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by deadone on 23.10.2014 at 01:27

As a mainstream poseur whore, I much prefer Sacrament and Wrath over Burn The Priest and New American Gospel.
In fact they'd probably be my number 2 and 3.

As The Palace Burns is awesome though and I agree with it as number 1.

Sacrament has its pros, but its so uneven compared to the others. I didn't like the way he changed his vocals either. Wrath is the opposite in that it just feels so generic.
----
23.10.2014 - 16:25
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by deadone on 23.10.2014 at 01:27

As a mainstream poseur whore, I much prefer Sacrament and Wrath over Burn The Priest and New American Gospel.
In fact they'd probably be my number 2 and 3.

As The Palace Burns is awesome though and I agree with it as number 1.

I would probably put Ashes at number 1, but I agree that Sacrament and Wrath are much better than Burn the Priest.

Hits total: 16789 | This month: 5