Metal Storm logo
Opera IX - Announce New Lineup

Italian black metal masters Opera IX have finally unveiled today a new lineup after the departure of their vocalist Marco "The Bard" De Rosa. Abigail Dianaria returns and is the new vocalist of the band. A new line-up usually means new material in the making but no confirmation has been made just yet. Are you excited about the new developments?

Here's the message posted on their official Facebook page: "In most obscure month of the year, when the veil of matter thins to give access to the realm of spirits... Ossian officially presents the new line-up of Opera IX:

m:A Fog - drums
Alexandros - keyboards
Scùrs - bass guitar

"And finally back after 13 years, a female voice in the coven ... Abigail Dianaria, the right voice for an evocative moonlight ritual .... a Witch! Hear our Invokation!"

New band pic

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opera IX
Posted: 24.10.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 52 users
24.10.2014 - 19:49
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Actually there are already talks regarding a new album concieved with this new line up.

http://www.metallus.it/news/opera-ix-nuovo-album-con-una-nuova-line-up/

The source is in italian, and even though I am not italian, I speak a language pretty similar with it. Apparently, Ossian says in this article that the new album is entitled 'Back to Sepulcro'. Whether this is a working title, or the real title, I do not know. But one thing is for sure, this new line-up surely means a new album in the works as well. When will it be released? Beats me! )
24.10.2014 - 20:05
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 24.10.2014 at 19:49

Actually there are already talks regarding a new album concieved with this new line up.

http://www.metallus.it/news/opera-ix-nuovo-album-con-una-nuova-line-up/

The source is in italian, and even though I am not italian, I speak a language pretty similar with it. Apparently, Ossian says in this article that the new album is entitled 'Back to Sepulcro'. Whether this is a working title, or the real title, I do not know. But one thing is for sure, this new line-up surely means a new album in the works as well. When will it be released? Beats me! )

Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on it and see if they say something about it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.10.2014 - 20:18
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by BloodTears on 24.10.2014 at 20:05

LOL, only now I notice that the name of the vocalist is actually the former vocalist, Cadaveria. Damn, now this will be a blast. If they are able to record something akin to what they did on the first three works, I am hooked! Probably the title 'Back to Sepulcro' might also signify 'back to the original roots' as well.
25.10.2014 - 03:31
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Cadaveria's back in Opera IX? Awsome. Hope another Sacro Culto or Black Opera is on the horizon.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
25.10.2014 - 03:58
Opethian

Good, now ... FUCKING BRING IT!!!!
25.10.2014 - 07:37
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Thank FUCK! The Bard was pretty crap. Bring back the good ol' days Opera IX! You were my first Black Metal band, so do something for a great comeback!
07.11.2015 - 00:00
SØMØN

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 24.10.2014 at 20:18

LOL, only now I notice that the name of the vocalist is actually the former vocalist, Cadaveria. Damn, now this will be a blast. If they are able to record something akin to what they did on the first three works, I am hooked! Probably the title 'Back to Sepulcro' might also signify 'back to the original roots' as well.

Some say Abigail is a different person, how can we be sure if Abigail is Raffaella (aka Cadaveria)?
07.11.2015 - 00:08
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by SØMØN on 07.11.2015 at 00:00

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 24.10.2014 at 20:18

Some say Abigail is a different person, how can we be sure if Abigail is Raffaella (aka Cadaveria)?

No idea... in the mean time I saw that she poses as a different person. Not sure anymore if she is Cadaveria... shit knows...

Hits total: 3221 | This month: 7