04. Inadequacy
05. Black Hole Infinity
06. Human Void
07. The Image Faded
08. Demons

Staff review by
deadone
Rating:
It always happens when you're least expecting it. You're in the midst of a coffee break in between analysing financial reports, brain half numb from staring at numbers the whole morning. You press play on some unknown album expecting the same old uninspired stuff. Especially when the band is unsigned, plays melodic death metal and it's their second album and you think "can't be that good." And then the music hits you, knocking you down on your proverbial arse, leaving you dazed and confused. The culprit behind this unprovoked shock and awe campaign is Bloodshot Dawn and the lethal weapon is Demons.

Read more ››
published 15.01.2015 | Comments (10)

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 276 users
26.10.2014 - 14:28
jzunder

Seeing these guys today, fuck yaaaaa
05.11.2014 - 01:39
Rating: 9
hadriel

Fantastic stuff, Melodeath's best kept secret. If you find yourself having difficulty enjoying melodeath of recent years, check this out and you won't be disappointed.

Technical, accessible, soaring melodies, guest solos from Per Nilsson, Chris Amott and Teemu Mantysaari... it's just hands-down fun. Melodeath done right imo.
13.12.2014 - 19:10
Rating: 9
Susan
Smeghead
This album is SO GOOD!!! Loved the self-titled but this just takes it to new heights. I want to just bathe in some of those solos. The juxtaposition of warmth and harshness is just perfection.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
27.12.2014 - 01:07
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

The band's most consistent and solid album yet, even if at only 8 tracks I feel a tiny bit underwhelmed (I would have preferred a few more only because I feel the creative ideas here don't seem stretched out to their full potential). That said, it's a real powerhouse instrumentally. The guitar work is very efficient and well-executed all the way through, and that bass work on songs like "Inadequacy" is just insane. They've got a bigger and brighter future in front of them if they keep this up, that's for sure.
16.01.2015 - 14:11
Rating: 5
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Starts off as some really solid, groovy melodeath, but a majority of the album proves lackluster, even for melodeath.
16.01.2015 - 23:33
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Top notch, especially for the UK, just have some qualms with the vocals/lyrics and the occasional overstay of guitar solos/riffs.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
20.01.2015 - 02:15
JayMo4

Probably the best melodeath I've heard this year, ahead of the Insomnium and MPE releases. It's not perfect but it's awfully good.
22.02.2015 - 15:07
In Bone Factory

One of few great 2014 Melodeath albums.
----
The End Is Nigh ...

Hits total: 5820 | This month: 17