Metal Storm logo
Dragonland - To Reissue First Two Albums

After a long silence, Dragonland have awoken to let us know that there are some reissues being prepared. For the symphonic power metallers 15th anniversary, the group is releasing their two first albums The Battle Of The Ivory Plains and Holy War as deluxe editions on December 5th through AFM Records. Both albums will include new cover artworks and bonus tracks. Take a look at the covers below.

But there is more. The new releases contain the following extra goodies:

• A brand newly written & recorded song called "A New Dawn" as a bonus track on The Battle Of The Ivory Plains
  • Completely remastered Holy War
  • The two Japanese bonus tracks from Holy War - "The Neverending Story" and "Allemande" - will be included
  • Brand new artwork on both albums

The Swedes Dragonland will also perform at the ProgPower USA festival kick off show on September 10th 2015, in Atlanta. It's their USA debut.

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Dragonland
  • Posted: 27.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 7   Visited by: 46 users
    28.10.2014 - 06:26
    mikeprado30

Is nice, but, wouldn't be nicer a new album? ^_^
    ----
    BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
    28.10.2014 - 06:51
    AngelofDeth
    Cyborg Raptor
    Written by mikeprado30 on 28.10.2014 at 06:26

Was about to say the same thing.. Going off their FB page they seem active as a band so idk why they don't work on something new...
    ----
    pewpew.. gotcha
    28.10.2014 - 22:01
    EntombedRainfall

Written by AngelofDeth on 28.10.2014 at 06:51

Written by mikeprado30 on 28.10.2014 at 06:26

Was about to say the same thing.. Going off their FB page they seem active as a band so idk why they don't work on something new...

Eh, yeah, it seems Amaranthe is consuming all of Olof's time presently unfortunately. Hopefully word of a new album will come sooner than later although my hopes aren't too high for this.
    29.10.2014 - 08:58
    AngelofDeth
    Cyborg Raptor
    Written by EntombedRainfall on 28.10.2014 at 22:01

Eh, yeah, it seems Amaranthe is consuming all of Olof's time presently unfortunately. Hopefully word of a new album will come sooner than later although my hopes aren't too high for this.

Wow I didnt realize that Amaranthe and Dragonland shared guitarists... At least we are getting something from him tho, he really is a fantastic musician. But that is very true, Amaranthe have been extremely busy and probably gives him 1000x more money than Dragonland ever has.

I also just dipped into their discography here and there was a 5 year gap between Astronomy and Under the Grey Banner.. I guess we just need to be patient. Just sucks cuz they are honestly my fave power metal band out there, just a perfect blend of symphonics/shredding while still remaining catchy with hooks and great lyrics and they seem to get better with every album.

I guess at least I've finally figured out why they aren't on the same tier of popularity as Rhapsody even thought they're music is just as good - 5 year gaps in albums and no touring..
    ----
    pewpew.. gotcha
    29.10.2014 - 19:55
    EntombedRainfall

Written by AngelofDeth on 29.10.2014 at 08:58

Written by EntombedRainfall on 28.10.2014 at 22:01

Wow I didnt realize that Amaranthe and Dragonland shared guitarists... At least we are getting something from him tho, he really is a fantastic musician. But that is very true, Amaranthe have been extremely busy and probably gives him 1000x more money than Dragonland ever has.

I also just dipped into their discography here and there was a 5 year gap between Astronomy and Under the Grey Banner.. I guess we just need to be patient. Just sucks cuz they are honestly my fave power metal band out there, just a perfect blend of symphonics/shredding while still remaining catchy with hooks and great lyrics and they seem to get better with every album.

I guess at least I've finally figured out why they aren't on the same tier of popularity as Rhapsody even thought they're music is just as good - 5 year gaps in albums and no touring..

Oh yeah, I think Dragonland are one of the best too. I prefer power metal that is pretty layered and dynamic and Dragonland are right at the top of the list along with the likes of Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius and even Celesty if you want to dig a little deeper. The Old House On The Hill is probably my favorite compositon of all-time actually!
    05.11.2014 - 03:50
    Luneth
    Account deleted
    Those are their two best albums imo, looking forward to this.
    21.11.2014 - 20:50
    EmeraldSword

Would be great to hear another new concept album like, "Astronomy." That was a masterpiece. Also, that new song, "A New Dawn" rocks. Guitar solo work was excellent. Made me really miss these guys. Hopefully Olaf gets back to working on new material.

Hits total: 4153 | This month: 7