23. Slowly We Rot

[Bonus]
24. Bonus Video Material
+ Photo Gallery
+ Biography
+ Discography
+ Desktop Images
+ Weblinks

"Frozen Alive" is only the first DVD of the cult Obituary. That's a bit weird but well, we all know that the band is not well known to follow the trends anyway so it's not so surprising. However, believe me it's a great news, the DVD is maybe a Metal Mind standard one (with few bonus etc) but it's top-notch quality and if you like Death Metal, you'll just have to buy this release as soon as possible.

"Frozen Alive" was recorded in Poland, in august 2006 and for sure it was a big show. The venue of Stodola Club in Warsaw was full of crazy Polish Metalheads and Obituary simply kicked the ass of the audience. With their perfect Death Metal, and during more than one hour and fifteen minutes, the American combo delivered a really good living show full of charisma. When you know in addition that all the classics are in the set list of the DVD, that the we hear a lot the Polish crowd (and then that the ambiance is crazy) it cannot be bad, especially when you know the quality of the DVD which comes from Metal Mind.

As always with the Metal Mind productions, the sound and the images are really good. It's always really professional and "Frozen In Time" follows the trend. But one more time, don't except a lot of bonus (two short interviews, a biography, some video clips and images and that's all?). I think that we know how it is now with this label, and even if I think that Obituary deserved something bigger to talk about and represent their long career through images, we have at least a really good show on this DVD, and I'm sure that the fans of the band will enjoy it a lot. That's better than nothing after all...

If you like American Death and Obituary, "Frozen Alive" is simply a must. The show and the performance of the members are excellent, the set list is top, the production is perfect. Maybe that the DVD is a bit simple that's right but the essential is here. "Frozen Alive" is a good DVD which will give you the luck to see for the first time on your TV, a full concert of the masters of Death. Simply a must

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 09.02.2007

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 39 users
09.02.2007 - 17:23
AncientOrigins

Nice review Jeff, but the DVDs name is "Frozen Alive" not "Frozen in Time" (which is the name of their latest album)
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
09.02.2007 - 17:30
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Oops, wrong copy paste : o)

It's fixed now, thx !!!
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
09.02.2007 - 17:57
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Haha @Jeff

Oooo man a very good review... makes me want it even more now!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.02.2007 - 19:07
Herzebeth

Nice one, where can I buy this?
----
09.02.2007 - 23:44
Richard

Sounds good, though I would like such DVD's to contain much more bonus stuff - everything they can cram on there to make it really worthwhile, like really extensive interviews, and backstage footage. It'd also be interesting to see rehearsal footage, and witness how certain songs are created and constructed... OK, Metallica has the money to do all that stuff, but even Obituary could do that as well, it wouldn't have to be professionally filmed, just a guy with a camcorder in the studio or rehearsal room.
----
12.02.2007 - 04:51
vhaldemar

5 may 2007 in mexico city YEAH!!!

Hits total: 6408 | This month: 8