Metal Storm logo
Metalhead - Clip From The Film, Screening In New York

You might of heard of the Icelandic film Metalhead (Málmhaus) before. This Ragnar Bragason-directed film, distributed by Cinelicious Pics, won't be released until early next year in the U.S., but a clip has been revealed today. The film is described as a "dark, intense drama of loss, faith, redemption, and heavy metal" and is also partly inspired by the church burnings in Norway in the 1990s.

Metalhead is coming to theaters and VOD in early 2015 from Cinelicious Pics. Check out the film's Facebook page for updates on that.

Before that, there will be a special screening of the film at Brooklyn's Saint Vitus Bar (1120 Manhattan Avenue) on November 25th. It will be a free screening, but with limited seating, so if you're interested in attending, you can get tickets for it here. If you are in town, this could be a good idea for a date!

Film description: "Fueled by a remarkable breakout performance by actress Thora Bjorg Helga, director Ragnar Bragason's intense drama of loss, faith, redemption begins with a farming accident in the 1980's that sends a young girl, Hera, and her parents into a tail-spin of grief over the death of her heavy metal music-obsessed older brother. A decade later and Hera is transformed into a sexy, surly headbanger and DIY musician, dressed in black leather and a Slayer t-shirt, clutching her dead brother's electric guitar as she howls anthems of rage to a barn full of cows. Seemingly trapped in a haunted landscape of slaughterhouses and barren winter fields, making all the wrong choices in her life - including coming on to the local priest and sleeping with her platonic best friend - Hera slowly, painfully comes to terms with her family's loss and the sound of her own true voice."

Metalhead features a soundtrack of 1980s and 1990s classics by Riot, Teaze, Savatage, Lizzy Borden and Megadeth. Winner of 8 awards at the 2014 Icelandic Film Awards including Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor & Actress, and Original Score.

Theatrical trailer:

Source: decibelmagazine.com
Posted: 29.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 111 users
29.10.2014 - 21:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wish Hera Karlsldottir was real.... I would merry her
R.I.P. Baldur karslsson

well I almost rape y ears watching it Icelandic, so hearing Norwegian and English small time was great .... good movie, excellent ,and its not about nowadays but about 1990 when BM did riot acts
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.10.2014 - 21:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Bad English on 29.10.2014 at 21:32

R.I.P. Baldur karslsson

well I almost rape y ears watching it Icelandic, so hearing Norwegian and English small time was great .... good movie, excellent ,and its not about nowadays but about 1990 when BM did riot acts

Did you watch the movie somewhere? I know it's been released in some countries like Sweden, Germany. Apart from Iceland, of course.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.10.2014 - 21:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 29.10.2014 at 21:34

Written by Bad English on 29.10.2014 at 21:32

R.I.P. Baldur karslsson

Did you watch the movie somewhere? I know it's been released in some countries like Sweden, Germany. Apart from Iceland, of course.

give me a kiss and I will tell you ...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.10.2014 - 22:33
ANGEL REAPER

God damn ! Bastards stole my idea for great movie! No wait ...nope ...my version had more mayhem,backstabbing and cowbells ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
29.10.2014 - 23:40
Vombatus
Potorro
I remember seeing it not long ago. Quite enjoyed it, the song "Svarthamar" probably being the highlight, awesome stuff.
30.10.2014 - 01:21
Ilham
Giant robot
^

It's been on my computer for weeks. I should get to it soon. I like that poster so much.
30.10.2014 - 01:23
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Anyone else think the preacher on the tv looked a bit like Varg?
Probably won't get released here. Small foreign language film, maybe a dvd release in 5 years time.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
30.10.2014 - 01:53
knightlightning

It's a "nice to see" film (with a good soundtrack ) about how the pain of loss can ruin your life and your environment if you don't break the loop. Ultimately it's an intimate film with a survival message despite the scenes of grief and despair spiced by Icelandic landscapes.

30.10.2014 - 04:11
UnknownCheese

Looks corny as hell. What do you do when mom kicks you out? Throw her the horns of course.
30.10.2014 - 07:06
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
Written by M C Vice on 30.10.2014 at 01:23

Probably won't get released here. Small foreign language film, maybe a dvd release in 5 years time.

Maybe a torrent
30.10.2014 - 07:20
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by UnknownCheese on 30.10.2014 at 04:11

Looks corny as hell. What do you do when mom kicks you out? Throw her the horns of course.

Hits total: 2517 | This month: 3