Metal Storm logo
Guns, Weapons, and Military Terminology

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 01.11.2014 - 16:14
This is all about guns , weapons, even we have ''do you own guns'' ,but we don't have any kind of weapon thread, where we ask questions, discuss its plus, minus, , best use, and so on
I believe many one will have something to add specially auscro guy

Also we can discuss military terminology like Eagle Keeper - F-15 Maintainer, crew chief
leg - non-airborne qualified Soldiers.
PLF - Parachute Landing Fall.

also we can discuss nato code names for soviet or non Nato air plains, weapon system and so on
Mig 21 - NATO code name Fishbed
01.11.2021 - 15:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Interesting
https://www.navalanalyses.com/2021/08/infographics-49-mid-life-upgrades.html

I did not knew that Germany has mno ships what can fire to land targets.
I think Germany and Polans needs build and modernize navy whit SAM, anti aircraft, anti ship and anti submarine missiles and invest in modern sonar systems.

Germany and France should invest more to military even France has good army, we can not say it about Germany. How many Leopard west Germany had 6000? How many are in service 200? Same goes for German airforce and land forced. UK invested 2018, Poland do it now. We have military capability to defend our selves whit out US help, 8France has nukes, UK has nukes) , In hope it happens fast that Germany will have military monopoly in Baltic sea, because Russian Baltic fleet are not modernized, they did whit Artic fleet.

Same time Estonia bought anti ship missiles from Israel what can reach St. Peterburg and take out their vessels.

Poland ordered Abram tanks what , they will take out their T 72 and own made T 72 models of soviet tanks.

Baltic states , getting nukes is utopia, even I wish it would happen, like I have said each EU and NATO country should have own nukes.
But what they can do order Patriot SAM system together. Poland did it , Lietruva did order Norwegian HAMARS , but its mid range, Baltic states need also but Ballistic missals whit capability reach Moscow, if it happens I US congress will give green light.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.02.2022 - 14:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Germany to increase defence spending in response to 'Putin's war

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/germany-hike-defense-spending-scholz-says-further-policy-shift-2022-02-27/

Maybe Olaf Scholz is not so stupid, I dont get in cold war West Germany and western world had money for military now. Well freedom is not cheep, its expensive.
----

apos;'
[image]
08.03.2022 - 09:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
A myth about Russian military' capabilities are busted. Even they have most nuclear weapons, maybe 60% are not on worming order.
Ground troops has low moral and, also recruits whit 3 days training never will be good as prof solders and they are dead 12 000 are dead now. Many gives up whit out fight.
Leaders and generals are from soviet time what has pressure and has no respect to own troops. Dead boys will be cremated on Ukraine or buried on mass graves, This is no respect to any solder who has died.
Hi teck weapons as caliber and iskalder, they maybe has 200 and not more and that's why they do not use them often, they can not build.
Pilots are being shut down often cant do simple task as NATO did whit out problems. It seems has been no enough fuel or money to educate then whit flight hours.
Millitary weapons, tanks, carriers, choppers 300 milliards of dollars are lost on soil. Now they need take from storage old rusty 70's things. Can Russia re build all losses, now, sanctions work and I doubt west ever will work whit them selling such things. Russia sis struggling in Ukraine, well they are occupants there, Ukraians has high moral and willng to defend own country. Russia suffers heavy casualties, what happen in Poland, Baltics, NATO? Supline lines are destroyed. Russia has no chance against NATO. I remember dead one who worshiped Russian army said they can walk to Lisboa, in 3 days. Kiev stands 12 days, Ukraine stand ....so Russian fighting machine is overacted, and maybe even was in soviet days.
----

apos;'
[image]
08.03.2022 - 19:46
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 08.03.2022 at 09:43

Kiev stands 12 days, Ukraine stand ....so Russian fighting machine is overacted, and maybe even was in soviet days.

Look on both sides, maybe they do want to minimize civilian losses so it will take a while. Western media tries to play ukraine side as success, it is big country, Russia and DNR are advancing. I have no side in this, but I think news shouldn't be one sided.
----
My vision is augmented
23.04.2022 - 16:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Russian cruiser Moskva Sunk by two Ukrainian R-360 Neptune anti-ship missiles. I was listened few military experts on TV and they questioned Russian navy capability as it was make from mandatory service men , not precision solders(or maybe they were drunk) . Russian has (or they clamed they has) good sonars, radars, anti ship, anti aircraft , SAM missiles. Many military's experts suggest they suppose see it incoming when misses was still on the main land not even reached sea. And it has special safty walls what shuts down and even if water has come in, it ist hidrotic it stops it to sink. No anti fire system was launched as well. What happened. Another guy said Russian army is made for parades in 9th may not fight. I already make as joke compression about Russian army and Taleban. Maybe Russian army is not capable to be part of so big operation. Take out some rebels in Korkuses , speznaz can do job, but how many speznaz solders they have? Maybe most now are dead 21 000 Russian solders died. I know they has no laser bombs, they pilots need do dive bombing as WWII to see, and Stinger Igla, Polish Grom can take out easily their Su ro Mig. Su-57 suppose be Russian stelt fighter, but they have been used only from Russia territory, even Ukrainas climes one has been shoot down.
NATO in Afga has not such resistance, not so trained and educated sodlers, you can put out them whit silenced weapons or knifes, they wont see it coming, SEAL can sabotage their weapons and kidnap leaders, but fight whit equal opponent is hard.
Russians has millions of cold war tanks, millitary equipment stored , but doe sit works?
I have doubs, I think Russian war machine is overated, but you can not underestimate it.

Same time
Ukraine said if we could we would do it and if we can in a future we will do it, blow a bridge from Russia to Crimea. They did take out Russian ships whit Orsk anti aircraft rocket what is not made for it, why not try use their SAM, S300, Orsk even Nepthune to do it? Maybe it would work, small damage would stop reinforments coming.
Damn I hope that nutter madess will be over soon.
Good USA and now EU will give to Ukraine heavy weapons. Logistics, Poland. Slovakia, what happens if Russians target tit in those couintries? Anyway I am happy we take that risk, they defend us, because Finland, Sweden, Moldova, Romania, Baltics and Poland could and will be next.
----

apos;'
[image]
23.12.2022 - 13:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Germany’s Puma panzer hangs in the balance after report of mass outage

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2022/12/21/germanys-puma-panzer-hangs-in-the-balance-after-report-of-mass-outage/

Its sad , Germany has so good military weapons from cold days, but they dont care and repair, one of greatest economics in EU , more money should go to the milutary. Still Germany could give more help to Ukraine. Good USA gave Patriot , next step is figher jets and panzers
----

apos;'
[image]
23.12.2023 - 15:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
New name selected for Army’s Next Generation Squad Weapon

more info

wow os both assault riffle and light machine gun and new caliber. BTW I think we western word should unban bullets what penetrates trought bullet proof west and use those. Ourt enemy use dirty tricks, we should use them to.
Maybe new caliber,might be NATO needs change it to, can be expenice.
----

apos;'
[image]
28.12.2023 - 19:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Gaston Glock has died, guy who made mighty Glock 17 pistol, to me its best side arm in the world, mostly plastic, light, 18 plus one bullets in magazine, easy opera in both hands, light, and maybe most known pistol from wester world and adopted by NYPD, us marshals, Bundespilizei many military special forces operators, and slowly takes out ceapt makarov from East Europe military and police. Baltic states and Poland are 90%switch to Glock 17 or 19.
----

apos;'
[image]