No
Depends
If Childern Asks Only
Little Bit

Total votes: 8
01.11.2014 - 16:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is more less about if you leave you home and there are other language as native and you have children born there and , do you want to teach them your native language ?

My case I say no, I don't see reason to it , well depends of mother, but since I have no plans in my life to have a children, (well a accidents happen) , I doubt I will, my old man can English(and he types much much better as I do(I speak better) , my mother can Swedish so they will be able to communicate and sic I have no plans to move, I don't see sense to make some extra effort to use my free time in worthless way
Swedish, English, German is more important (I hope Spanish and French folks in next 30 years will learn English )
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.06.2015 - 16:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anybody?
----

apos;'
[image]
01.06.2015 - 16:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Both native language of the parents as well as whatever the language is of the country one lives in.
Best is if both parents have a different native language and the country one lives in is language number three. All three languages should be taught. As young as possible so that they can become native/near-native at all three languages.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.06.2015 - 16:17
Zap
Wherever you live and wherever you come from, always speak to your kids in your native language. You can seriously fuck up your kids' language capabilities if you talk to them in a language you don't fully master early on in their lives.
01.06.2015 - 16:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.06.2015 at 16:07

Both native language of the parents as well as whatever the language is of the country one lives in.
Best is if both parents have a different native language and the country one lives in is language number three. All three languages should be taught. As young as possible so that they can become native/near-native at all three languages.

Suisse is best, IMO 95% knows all 3 , French, German, Italian and also English. Nice combination,

If I marry Swedish woman, well there are no way my kiddo will hear Latvian, I hardly use spoken lang. only whit mother, and old man via phone. I use mostly righting one whit friends, but I cant spell whit PC, on my keys has no extra characters .

I dot think its good idea force child go to sunday school to learn something.

I am not planning go back , so
----

apos;'
[image]
01.06.2015 - 16:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zap on 01.06.2015 at 16:17

Wherever you live and wherever you come from, always speak to your kids in your native language. You can seriously fuck up your kids' language capabilities if you talk to them in a language you don't fully master early on in their lives.

I speak Swedish perfectly ... and school, kindergarden and such places they learn
I speak my native perfect as well
----

apos;'
[image]
04.06.2015 - 17:09
Ernis
狼獾
Yes, who needs Latvian anyway? It's like... a toadally pointless language... half of the population of Latvia are native Russian speakers and seeing as Latvian speakers emigrate, there won't be any reason to waste time on preserving this language anyway. Future belongs to normal languages like English, and Russian and German. Pfft... like mayb only grampa speaks Latvian... who wants to talk to grampa?

ahem...

It's good thing I grew up in Estonia and received education in Estonian which is a very exotic and special language. If I were a monolingual English speaker I wouldn't be able to master it because it's so difficult (I've discovered I still need to learn a lot) and you'd really have to be crazy and extremely motivated to learn it. Plus, you can't really use it anywhere outside Estonia; native speakers most probably number one million or even less... Seeing as emigration and declining birth rate are going to have a serious impact on this language I am compelled to pass it down to my children one day (if I manage to encounter a female who wants to bear my kits)... Growing up multilingual boosts many cognitive abilities as well, let's not forget that...

Persians speak Persian even abroad, Russians stick to their mother tongue wherever they are and these are among the many other such examples... Only some internationalist-communist hive-minded people are selfish enough to deprive their children of the culture and heritage of their ancestors... There were many such people in the USSR who voluntarily russified their kids because they thought that would make their life easier. Yep, many kids grew up being monolingual speakers of broken Russian for whom their national language became something to be used with grandparents only... You have many families in the former Eastern bloc where parents did that, especially mixed families who only conversed in Russian and threw the national language completely out of the window...

Well... the USSR didn't turn out to be a success story but nowadays we have other intergovernmental institutions and organisations to fill the empty holes...
04.06.2015 - 18:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 04.06.2015 at 17:09

Yes, who needs Latvian anyway? It's like... a toadally pointless language... half of the population of Latvia are native Russian speakers and seeing as Latvian speakers emigrate, there won't be any reason to waste time on preserving this language anyway. Future belongs to normal languages like English, and Russian and German. Pfft... like mayb only grampa speaks Latvian... who wants to talk to grampa?

ahem...

It's good thing I grew up in Estonia and received education in Estonian which is a very exotic and special language. If I were a monolingual English speaker I wouldn't be able to master it because it's so difficult (I've discovered I still need to learn a lot) and you'd really have to be crazy and extremely motivated to learn it. Plus, you can't really use it anywhere outside Estonia; native speakers most probably number one million or even less... Seeing as emigration and declining birth rate are going to have a serious impact on this language I am compelled to pass it down to my children one day (if I manage to encounter a female who wants to bear my kits)... Growing up multilingual boosts many cognitive abilities as well, let's not forget that...

Persians speak Persian even abroad, Russians stick to their mother tongue wherever they are and these are among the many other such examples... Only some internationalist-communist hive-minded people are selfish enough to deprive their children of the culture and heritage of their ancestors... There were many such people in the USSR who voluntarily russified their kids because they thought that would make their life easier. Yep, many kids grew up being monolingual speakers of broken Russian for whom their national language became something to be used with grandparents only... You have many families in the former Eastern bloc where parents did that, especially mixed families who only conversed in Russian and threw the national language completely out of the window...

Well... the USSR didn't turn out to be a success story but nowadays we have other intergovernmental institutions and organisations to fill the empty holes...

Watch a video
He is maybe our second NBA drafted basketball player , huge potential, he insulted Lv LOL, and after apologized

No I know 2 Persians in Sweden who wont teach Persian to their child, I asked... they don't see why they need, and less they will not teach religion

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_03od41dr

Well I am not planning go back, and in some way I don't see point, same time you cant build country from ppl lives abroad. Now we are in EU and all its makes easier for everyone. I neve rhave been happier ib my life as I am here in Luleå,
----

apos;'
[image]
08.06.2015 - 02:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Please K7 shut up about stuff you don't know anything about at ALL, like second and third language acquisition and teaching one's native langueage to one's kids.

At times like this you prove that if God actually exists you were the last in line when he handed out brains.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.06.2015 - 15:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its up to every parent individually , if they want they should, I they don't , their decision.
----

apos;'
[image]
08.06.2015 - 17:01
Kass
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 01.11.2014 at 16:28

(I hope Spanish and French folks in next 30 years will learn English)

Hahaha