Metal Storm logo
Dark Angel - New Material In The Works

The thrash metal veterans Dark Angel might be the next band to release a comeback album after many, many years like At The Gates did this year. At least, drummer Gene Hoglan confirmed in a recent interview that the band is working on "super awesome" and "super aggressive" new material. Their last album was Time Does Not Heal and it came out in 1991.

They are also confirmed for Bloodstock Open Air 2015.

About the Dark Angel reunion and the plans for the band to record a new album, Hoglan said: "Right off the bat, it's been super fun. I grew up in the music business playing with Dark Angel, and I put so much heart and love and attention into that band, because I had nothing else but Dark Angel from age 17 to about 25, so I just poured everything I had into Dark Angel. And then, to see it just kind of dissolve the way that it did... There was no acrimony; we were all friends, we've all remained friends. It wasn't because we had some big fight and everybody said 'f you' to everybody else; it was never like that. So it was just kind of... I guess it's time to move on. We all wished each other the best, and hopefully we all get to remain in the music business or partake in whatever endeavor we all do."

"So we've always been pals, so getting back together was done out of fun. And we'll see where it goes. That was kind of our attitude when we started playing some shows. And then it just started kind of building a little bit: getting cool shows, and then getting offered bills completely out of the blue. For instance, there was Hellfest in France, where Megadeth... It was Megadeth, Soundgarden, Black Sabbath on the main stage. Megadeth had to pull out for whatever reason, and they invited us. So it's, like, wow, okay, people are starting to see that we just didn't reform and go to playing clubs or something like that; we reformed to play cool festivals, and that builds upon itself. So we've taken that a step further. Now we're writing new material. Jim and I have a whack of new stuff, and it's super awesome and super aggressive and super Dark Angel. And it's gonna take a lot of work, but we're all interested and we're all into it. So that's all it really needs. We wanna write some songs, we wanna put out a record, we wanna go on the road, we wanna see what happens. There were a lot of reasons why... It was always me that was reticent about creating another Dark Angel, just creating another chapter in Dark Angel's life. It was mostly schedule based. Like, 'God, when am I ever gonna have the time?' And now it's just, like, 'Jesus, man, you just make time. You make it happen. Anything you want, you can make happen. So make it happen.'"

You can hear Gene Hoglan's entire interview with Sean Harris on Broken Neck Radio here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dark Angel
Posted: 03.11.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 62 users
03.11.2014 - 15:53
DeathSlyzer

I thought they broke up again. How many reunions are we gonna have? This is getting a little ridiculous.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?

Hits total: 2378 | This month: 7