Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost - New Album Update, Recordings Begin

After the release of their latest output, entitled Tragic Idol back in 2012, British gothic metallers Paradise Lost have revealed that they are currently working for the follow-up of the said album. The new album is set to be released via Century Media Records in late April 2015. The vocalist Nick Holmes has recently joined Bloodbath. Curiously enough, the band says the new record will have a death metal edge.

Here is their statement: "We began recording sessions for our new album this week with Jamie Gomez Arellano of Orgone Studios in London (Ghost B.C., Ulver, Cathedral, Angel Witch).

"Our approach on this album is quite different and embraces the band's very early days, with the last few years. We have written a very dark, yet melodic album - but this time many songs definitely have a death metal edge, which is something we haven't done for a long, long time in Paradise Lost..."

Courtesy of their Facebook page

Are you curious to hear new Paradise Lost material?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Paradise Lost
Posted: 07.11.2014 by ManiacBlasphemer

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 124 users
07.11.2014 - 20:18
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
I'm curious and aroused
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
07.11.2014 - 20:49
Gothmog_Motsham

Is old Nick trying to unite Bloodbath and Paradise Lost under one banner? It would be hilarious to add a Gothic touch to the sound of Bloodbath
07.11.2014 - 22:25
Wukk

Whether or not it'll be a good album (considering the recent Bloodbath hate), who knows? But that's one way to get people very interested.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
08.11.2014 - 02:27
kingeryck

Meh. I like their current sound. If they go more death metal it's gonna be pretty generic. If I wanted death metal I could listen to the 40000000 bands out there doing that.
08.11.2014 - 10:49
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Perhaps it will still be the doom sound of before, but maybe some more harsh vocals thrown in there every now and then. Should be cool either way.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
09.11.2014 - 09:24
Shmyt

YES!
10.11.2014 - 20:36
Kub

Give me Host 2 instead of catering to the "old fans" crowd. But I guess it will be good music anyway, as it always is with these guys.
14.11.2014 - 16:52
John Shock

Uhuhuhu....excited!!!

Hits total: 2210 | This month: 2