Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - New Album Details Revealed

Recently, German power metallers Blind Guardian have informed us that they were preparing a new album scheduled for an early 2015 release. The wait is over today folks! The band has revealed the title of their upcoming album: Beyond The Red Mirror which is scheduled for a January 30th, 2015 in Europe and February 3rd, 2015 release in North America. In addition to that, the band also revealed the cover artwork of their upcoming album, as well as the tracklist, both of them available below. Stop what you are doing and check it out now.

The album will be available in the following formats:

• Jewelcase (10 songs)
  • Limited Edition Digi-Pack (11 songs)
  • Double LP gatefold vinyl
  • Earbook (12 songs plus illustrations, photos, and liner notes)
  • NB-Mailorder-Earbook (12 songs plus illustrations, photos, liner notes + bonus 10'')

Jewelcase cover done by Felipe Machado

Earbook artwork

Recorded at Twilight Hall Studio in Grefrath, Germany and produced by Charlie Bauerfeind (Saxon, HammerFall, Helloween), Beyond The Red Mirror showcases Blind Guardian's long-awaited collaborative work with three different classical choirs: one from the Czech Republic (Prague), one from Hungary (Budapest), and one from the United States (Boston). Two grand orchestras - each featuring 90 musicians - also lend their brilliant talents to the new recordings.

Transporting listeners via a mysteriously powerful red mirror into an otherworldly dimension that includes tyrants, gods, and the Holy Grail, the ten songs comprising Beyond The Red Mirror's story lines revolve around the young protagonist we first met twenty years ago in the 1995 tracks "Bright Eyes" and "And The Story Ends"."

"A story between science fiction and fantasy," explains Blind Guardian vocalist and lyricist Hansi Kürsch. "The story begins with our 1995 album, Imaginations From The Other Side. The two worlds described therein have changed dramatically for the worse since then. While there used to be several passages between the worlds, there is only one gate left now: The Red Mirror. It has to be found at any cost."

Blind Guardian guitarist André Olbrich shares: "We want to surprise and impress with our music. Nowadays, music tends to be arbitrary and predictable. But we want to keep developing our music."

Tracklist:
    01. The Ninth Wave
    02. Twilight Of The Gods
    03. Prophecies
    04. At The Edge Of Time
    05. Ashes Of Eternity
    06. Distant Memories (bonus track on limited edition digi-pack version)
    07. The Holy Grail
    08. The Throne
    09. Sacred Mind
    10. Miracle Machine
    11. Grand Parade
    12. Doom (bonus track on Earbook version)

Source: blind-guardian.com
    Band profile: Blind Guardian
  • Posted: 07.11.2014 by ManiacBlasphemer

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 267 users
    07.11.2014 - 20:54
    Gothmog_Motsham

These guys are like fine wine, getting better and better with age. I cannot wait for this to come out!
    07.11.2014 - 20:55
    WarriorFenix

January 30, really cant come fast enough, should be a great start to 2015!
    07.11.2014 - 21:17
    Joe Zombie

Very good news! Can't wait.
    07.11.2014 - 22:23
    Wukk

Okay, so they have an album called At the Edge of Time, a song (And the Story Ends) with the phrase featuring heavily in the lyrics and now they have a song called At the Edge of Time. Let me guess, the next album will be called "Cold as Ice".

Very very excited for this album... except for the cover art.
    ----
    If you're 666 then I'm 777
    http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
    07.11.2014 - 22:27
    Ellrohir
    Heaven Knight
    The blue one is totally Rhapsody of Fire cover...
    ----
    My rest seems now calm and deep
    Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.11.2014 - 22:34
    Dark Cornatus
    Powerslave
    Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 07.11.2014 at 20:54

These guys are like fine wine, getting better and better with age. I cannot wait for this to come out!

It's the exact opposite for me lol. Battalions of Fear is my favourite album followed by a lot of the other early ones. Not a fan of the two recent ones really.
    07.11.2014 - 23:19
    Spellsword95

Oh yes! YES!
    Amazing artwork on the blue cover.
    08.11.2014 - 00:01
    Zap
    So I'm guessing this is the "standard" Blind Guardian album right? They also have a symphonic one coming? I'm more excited for the latter to be honest, especially considering they did such a fine job on Sacred Worlds.
    08.11.2014 - 06:12
    mikeprado30

Written by Zap on 08.11.2014 at 00:01

So I'm guessing this is the "standard" Blind Guardian album right? They also have a symphonic one coming? I'm more excited for the latter to be honest, especially considering they did such a fine job on Sacred Worlds.

Well, this one will include some sympho moments (specially in Grand Parade, described by the band as "their best song ever written").

Written by Ellrohir on 07.11.2014 at 22:27

The blue one is totally Rhapsody of Fire cover...

Nothing weird if we're talking about Machado
    ----
    BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
    08.11.2014 - 10:51
    OpenMind

Finally can't wait to get this
    08.11.2014 - 17:16
    Susan
    Smeghead
    SO excited for this!! But ughh the "Earbook" artwork looks like a vagina...
    ----
    "A life all mine
    Is what I choose
    At the end of my days"
    --The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
    08.11.2014 - 18:21
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    Actually, it does look like a vagina ahahh
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
    08.11.2014 - 22:17
    Gothmog_Motsham

Quote:
    It's the exact opposite for me lol. Battalions of Fear is my favourite album followed by a lot of the other early ones. Not a fan of the two recent ones really.

Oh come on At the Edge of Time was crazy good...Well let's see how the new one will turn out to be.
    09.11.2014 - 00:28
    mikeprado30

Written by BloodTears on 08.11.2014 at 18:21

Actually, it does look like a vagina ahahh

I don't know if I'm very innocent, but the first thing I thought when I saw the Earbook cover was in Saurom's eyes in LOTR
    ----
    09.11.2014 - 10:55
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    Written by mikeprado30 on 09.11.2014 at 00:28

I don't know if I'm very innocent, but the first thing I thought when I saw the Earbook cover was in Saurom's eyes in LOTR

That makes sense too now that you mention it I haven't listened to Blind Guardian in a while but I like some of their albums. I'll probably check this out.
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
    09.11.2014 - 21:46
    mikeprado30

Written by BloodTears on 09.11.2014 at 10:55

That makes sense too now that you mention it I haven't listened to Blind Guardian in a while but I like some of their albums. I'll probably check this out.

Well, the last one (At The Edge of Time) was great IMHO, the best 2010's PM album. And this one promises to be more sppedy, powerful and bombastic.
    ----
    15.11.2014 - 18:35
    Inotz

\m/
    27.12.2014 - 19:22
    Olives

Into the dark portal muhahaha

Hits total: 3800 | This month: 10