Metal Storm logo
Paysage D'Hiver

10.02.2007 - 12:23
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
http://www.myspace.com/paysagedhiver

So far I've only heard the 'Schattengang' CD and a 20 minute track on a compilation cd but this stuff is fantastic. Defenitly one of the best black metal bands around today and miles better than most of this "black ambient" stuff.

Highly Reccomended.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
10.02.2007 - 12:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I've heard some stuff and wasn't impressed. Currently listening to their MySpace.

The song I'm listening too is called 'Schnee' and I've heard a couple of tracks called 'Eishalle'. Nothing too impressive. Am I listening the wrong songs, or do you all have such bad tastes?

EDIT: Ok, maybe it is not so bad after all. This might grow on me..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.02.2007 - 04:29
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Wintherr comes up with pretty aggressive stuff. The guitar is like a razorblade and along with the production quality the music even more menacing. He has some pretty fucked up, tormented and desperate vocals to seal it all up. But don't get it wrong, the melodies are still there going hand by hand with the constant raging.
----
Christless
11.02.2007 - 18:51
Damnated
Churchburner
really amazing band, but i stopped listening to him because the length of the songs started to annoy me. also, i think Darkspace is the manifestation of Möckl's talent.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.02.2007 - 01:27
Highlander
Account deleted
Darkspace is fucking epic. Sometimes prefer them to Paysage d'Hiver but both are amazing bands.
03.07.2007 - 17:37
Damnated
Churchburner
the entire new demo can be downloaded from here
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.07.2007 - 19:13
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 03.07.2007 at 17:37

Wow that demo was incredibly lame...
03.07.2007 - 20:27
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 03.07.2007 at 19:13

yeah... i've just listened to it. incredible shit. Paysage D'Hiver became another Vinterriket....
----

08.07.2007 - 23:45
Puff
The Forlorn
Written by Damnated on 03.07.2007 at 20:27

Written by Guest on 03.07.2007 at 19:13

yeah... i've just listened to it. incredible shit. Paysage D'Hiver became another Vinterriket....
I don't think its that bad. I mean I always thought that Paysage d'hiver and Vinterikeet had a similiar atmosphere and where influenced by them and I loved the band still. Now the influences are clearer but i dont think it makes it bad in anyway. I prefer old Paysage d'hiver over their new stuff tho.
----
09.07.2007 - 08:58
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
One amazing band , these new generation is doing really some nice job. Love the work by Wintherr .... Darkspace is also a brilliant band.

and yes agree with puff , old PdH is still better then this new stuff. My favs are Die Festung , s/t and Kristall & Isa
23.04.2010 - 01:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
A strangely undiscussed band. Maybe now Darkspace's popularity has risen people will be more into this project, of which I really need to listen to more. For a while I thought the production negated any enjoyment of them but wacking the volume right up helps.
23.04.2010 - 17:25
The Turbanator
Haven't really got the chance to listen to Paysage d'Hiver. But Möckl's other band - Darkspace is pretty fucking amazing.

Think now I'll give Paysage a listen.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
30.04.2010 - 01:33
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Paysage D'Hiver is one of those bands that I listen to once in a while during winter time. It's great.

Not really summer music though...
10.07.2011 - 23:53
InnerSelf
proofread free
Many of Paysage D'hiver's demos are almost the equal of Darkspace's II so any Darkspace fan complaining about them wouldn't be making any sense IMO. I have heard Die Festung, Paysage d'Hiver and Winterkälte and all are equally awesome.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
28.02.2013 - 13:21
The Turbanator
I honestly can't get enough of this. His new release.

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
28.02.2013 - 14:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
It's very good and all but I'm going to stole Joe's comment:

Quote:
Solid release, but the sound and progressions (and many of the keys) are starting to sound worrying similar to Darkspace's stuff, so it doesn't quite hold the same magic and identity as Winterkälte and the s/t and such, but still a nice listen overall. I just rather it sounded more distinct from Darkspace as they seem to be merging in sound and style. Sounds more like a Darkspace track to me (albeit a very very good one).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.02.2013 - 14:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 28.02.2013 at 14:35

It's very good and all but I'm going to stole Joe's comment:

Quote:
Solid release, but the sound and progressions (and many of the keys) are starting to sound worrying similar to Darkspace's stuff, so it doesn't quite hold the same magic and identity as Winterkälte and the s/t and such, but still a nice listen overall. I just rather it sounded more distinct from Darkspace as they seem to be merging in sound and style. Sounds more like a Darkspace track to me (albeit a very very good one).

I did bump it up to an 8 this morning though, but yeah, I sill feel this is the case.
28.02.2013 - 15:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 28.02.2013 at 14:54
I did bump it up to an 8 this morning though, but yeah, I sill feel this is the case.

Yeah, not question about the quality... Just a bit of a rant in terms of the dude getting run out of ideas for one of his projects so he just takes it from his other band. XD
----
Rod, let me love you.
28.02.2013 - 16:37
Aristarchos
The demos Paysage d'Hiver and Winterkalte are great.
16.10.2017 - 17:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I moved your post to keep it in topic!

Written by Guest on 16.10.2017 at 17:47
I never listened to this band.

Paysage d'Hiver is an ambient black metal project by Wintherr. You might know him as Wroth, one third of Darkspace and the major backbone of the project. Paysage d'Hiver is an older project though. It predates Darkspace's formation and earliest releases by a couple of years. You can certainly draw some similarities though. Both are amient black emtal projects but Paysage d'Hiver is not space-themed. It means "Winter landscape" in french but it doesn't sound like your typical ambient black metal band either. The lines between ambient, noise and black metal are extremely blurry as the production is misty, harsh, bassy and VERY cold. Everything is drowned by the sounds of the wind and statics. The project also includes plenty of tracks and albums which are completely synth based and quite beautiful and tranquil (Die Festung being some of the best stuff I've heard in a while, really chilling yet delicate).

For starters you might want to check out the self-titled demo. Although I'd say the first 3 demos cover the most ground: Steineiche and Schattengang are excellent black metal (and in the later you can clearly hear some riffs that will remind you of Darkspace) and also Die Festung for being such a nice ambient album for winter walks.
----
Rod, let me love you.
16.10.2017 - 23:29
VIG
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.10.2017 at 17:58

I moved your post to keep it in topic!

Written by Guest on 16.10.2017 at 17:47
I never listened to this band.

Paysage d'Hiver is an ambient black metal project by Wintherr. You might know him as Wroth, one third of Darkspace and the major backbone of the project. Paysage d'Hiver is an older project though. It predates Darkspace's formation and earliest releases by a couple of years. You can certainly draw some similarities though. Both are amient black emtal projects but Paysage d'Hiver is not space-themed. It means "Winter landscape" in french but it doesn't sound like your typical ambient black metal band either. The lines between ambient, noise and black metal are extremely blurry as the production is misty, harsh, bassy and VERY cold. Everything is drowned by the sounds of the wind and statics. The project also includes plenty of tracks and albums which are completely synth based and quite beautiful and tranquil (Die Festung being some of the best stuff I've heard in a while, really chilling yet delicate).

For starters you might want to check out the self-titled demo. Although I'd say the first 3 demos cover the most ground: Steineiche and Schattengang are excellent black metal (and in the later you can clearly hear some riffs that will remind you of Darkspace) and also Die Festung for being such a nice ambient album for winter walks.

Wow, I had no idea it was the one of the members of Darkspace. I will listen to some of those later.