Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum - Unveil New Album Title And Release Date

Ensiferum have finally announced the title of their new album. It will be called One Man Army as some have guessed before when their European tour was confirmed. The Finnish folk metallers have completed work on their upcoming new record after spending the last few weeks at Astia Studio in Lappeenranta in Finland with producer Anssi Kippo. Mark your calendars for a 2015 release on February 24th in North America, and February 23/20 in UK/Europe through Metal Blade Records.

New music, art, tracklist, and video clips from the studio will be online within the next few weeks. So, just a little bit more patience. Next week, Ensiferum will also be filming a brand new music video with Grupa #13 in Poland.

Vocalist/guitarist Petri Lindroos comments: "We worked hard and long days one after another while Kippo kicked our asses to make us do the very best, and you can hear that in this album. It's a killer album with killer sound. I'm very proud to a part of this masterpiece!"

Bassist Sami Hinkka adds: "Hi folks! We are extremely proud to announce that the album is 100% done! The recording session was incredible experience for us. We can't express our gratitude enough for Mr. Anssi Kippo, who never lost his nerves, was full of crazy ideas and worked like a madman for weeks! The shortest working day was 12 hours and the average was around 16 hours! After all 'blood, sweat and tears' it feels great to tell you that the result for years of hard composing and weeks of intense recordings is without a doubt the best Ensiferum album song - and soundwise. Material is pretty diverse and each song tells a tale of it's own instead of being a crappy copy of previous song so no fillers included. Next week we go record the new music video, but that's another story... Stay tuned!"

New band pic courtesy of the label

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Ensiferum
Posted: 15.11.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 226 users
15.11.2014 - 12:37
FeskarN
I have very low expectations for this one, let's hope it won't be another Unsung Heroes..
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
15.11.2014 - 12:40
Bananatron
Those are some big words. I hope they can hold on to them.
15.11.2014 - 15:50
Sword_Chant
It might be pretty good, it's still hard to say if it'll be bad, but hopefully not as their first 4 albums are all great. Let's just hope it'll be cool.
15.11.2014 - 16:57
HyperDrifter
I liked Unsung Heroes (not their best by a long way), so I think I'll enjoy whatever they come up with next
15.11.2014 - 17:46
Stunning Cactus
It's Ensiferum - they don't need Jari to be incredible.
15.11.2014 - 19:15
Lionthrone
I hope it's good but maybe this style of folk metal has just passed me by and nothing they put out will appeal to me these days.
15.11.2014 - 21:23
Sword_Chant
Written by Irritable Ted on 15.11.2014 at 19:07

Marketers words. They are hardly going to say its crap are they.

" We have lazed around for years drinking. The producer couldn't give a shit and we have made what could be the worst album you have ever heard"

"Please send us you're cash"

Metallica - Lulu
15.11.2014 - 21:27
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Lionthrone on 15.11.2014 at 19:15

I hope it's good but maybe this style of folk metal has just passed me by and nothing they put out will appeal to me these days.

Also could be the fact that there's been a lot of shitty-to-mediocre releases from folk bands over the past few years. Besides a couple albums there hasn't been too much new stuff to listen to in this genre lately.

I'm hoping for it but have low expectations. Unsung was god awful and the title doesn't scream originality, although neither have any of their previous album titles so maybe that doesn't matter.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
15.11.2014 - 21:56
HyperDrifter
Written by AngelofDeth on 15.11.2014 at 21:27

Written by Lionthrone on 15.11.2014 at 19:15

Also could be the fact that there's been a lot of shitty-to-mediocre releases from folk bands over the past few years. Besides a couple albums there hasn't been too much new stuff to listen to in this genre lately.

I definitely recommend checking out Wilderun's debut album, it's the most original folk metal band I heard in recent years!

Equilibrium are also still putting out good stuff (Erdentempel earlier this year)
16.11.2014 - 00:52
The Evergreen
Written by HyperDrifter on 15.11.2014 at 21:56

]

I definitely recommend checking out Wilderun's debut album, it's the most original folk metal band I heard in recent years!

Equilibrium are also still putting out good stuff (Erdentempel earlier this year)

Absolutely! I'm actually kind of excited about One Man Army. Sure, the last one was underwhelming, but I can hope that they learned something.
16.11.2014 - 03:34
aeonnumb
I don't get why people keep saying that Unsung heroes was that shit.. It wasn't a masterpiece but it was an ok album with some good moments. You make it sound like it was ST Anger.. get a grip.
16.11.2014 - 06:29
WinterMadness
I hope they're right about this being their best album...they've been sliding steadily downhill ever since they lost Jari. And it's not even their fault, you can tell they work their asses off...Unsung Heroes sounded like they put a shitload of work into it but it just flopped.
16.11.2014 - 19:11
Written by aeonnumb on 16.11.2014 at 03:34

I don't get why people keep saying that Unsung heroes was that shit.. It wasn't a masterpiece but it was an ok album with some good moments. You make it sound like it was ST Anger.. get a grip.

This. Also, I was immediately disappointed when I read the album title; easily their worst. But then again the title of the album doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be a bad album. If they could put out something as good as From Afar I would be more than satisfied.
17.11.2014 - 13:15
FreddeSwede
Oh my guess was right about the title. I also have a good feeling about this album since they all "go black" now. Feels like a darker vibe.
17.11.2014 - 14:59
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Unsung Heroes left a very bad taste in my mouth and I hope I'll check out this new album. The part which convince me is bassist message. It really look like they work really hard for this.

So, I shall give this a listen but if it turn out be Unsung Heroes 2.0 I'm gonna kick Ensiferum's cracker teeth in.
17.11.2014 - 18:58
Lehctim
Well Iron 2.0 is probably out of the question, but I'd be perfectly happy with a from afar 2.0. Speed boys, speed.

Hits total: 3510 | This month: 7