Written by Guest on 21.11.2014 at 06:13

Hot damn, I think this might be the best album this band has written

Never heard this band but I guess I'll start with this
21.11.2014 - 23:44
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 21.11.2014 at 23:41

Never heard this band but I guess I'll start with this

Damn, you AND Che have both never heard of them. I kinda thought they would be better known as they were one of the original champions of Greek BM, along with Rotting Christ, Zemial and Necromantia.
21.11.2014 - 23:46
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Guest on 21.11.2014 at 23:44

Damn, you AND Che have both never heard of them. I kinda thought they would be better known as they were one of the original champions of Greek BM, along with Rotting Christ, Zemial and Necromantia.

Of those I only like Necromantia....so I guess it makes sense? Idk, at any rate I'm going to listen to it today.
22.11.2014 - 19:11
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Yeah I didn't care much for this. It wasn't bad, but I found myself becoming immensely bored at some points. Overall...meh.
22.11.2014 - 20:12
Fearmeister
Account deleted
22.11.2014 - 20:17
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Guest on 22.11.2014 at 20:12

sadgif

It's a pretty standard form of Black Metal, which, as of recently, doesn't really interest me. If I had heard this a few years ago I probably would have loved it. I'll revisit it in the future at some point (as I will with their other albums) to see if it grows on me.
22.11.2014 - 20:28
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 22.11.2014 at 20:17

It's a pretty standard form of Black Metal, which, as of recently, doesn't really interest me. If I had heard this a few years ago I probably would have loved it. I'll revisit it in the future at some point (as I will with their other albums) to see if it grows on me.

I wasn't too surprised that you didn't like it, especially since you said that you didn't like that many Greek BM bands. Its also kinda like Behemoth's The Satanist, where the band didn't really go into new realms, but instead focused on maturing the realm that it has already established itself in.
22.11.2014 - 22:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 22.11.2014 at 20:28

Its also kinda like Behemoth's The Satanist, where the band didn't really go into new realms, but instead focused on maturing the realm that it has already established itself in.

Sorry, but this is infinitely better than Behemoth - The Satanist which is just generic as crap dm whereas this is typical Varathron, which in its current form is of course infinitely superior to watered down Rotting Christ,
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.11.2014 - 23:32
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.11.2014 at 22:59

Sorry, but this is infinitely better than Behemoth - The Satanist which is just generic as crap dm whereas this is typical Varathron, which in its current form is of course infinitely superior to watered down Rotting Christ,

I'm still baffled on how you claim that The Satanist is 'generic', especially if you compare it to the new Massacre and Obituary albums, which, imo, is pretty much the definition of generic dm. Sure, it didn't try to reinvent the wheel but I feel that the only band Behemoth copied was Behemoth itself. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that its automatically generic

Anyway, this is the wrong place for that discussion but I will agree that this is better than anything Rotting Christ has done since A Dead Poem

Hits total: 4651 | This month: 15