Metal Storm logo
Paradise Lost - Confirm Release Date For The New Album

The British Goth metalers made the following announcement on their website:
"The UK release date for Paradise Lost's 11th studio album - 'In Requiem' has been confirmed and is set to be May 21st.
Release dates for other territories are expected in the near future, so stay tuned!"

As stated earlier this week, the artwork for the new album is to be done by "Seth Siro Anton", who was the artwork designer for the last album, "Paradise Lost". Producer of this album is Rhys Fulber and the mixing has been made by Mike Fraser - who is well known for his work with bands such as Metallica, AC/DC, Van Halen etc...

Nick Holmes also stated the following about the release:
"As the album recording process begins to close, and during a period where people decide if they love or hate something you have just spend a year painstakingly putting together, I have decided to compact some reflections over the past few months.

As this is the bands 11th album, by the time we actually get into the studio, we generally have a pretty good idea how the songs are going to sound. Prior to actually recording, 2 weeks are usually spent intensively rehearsing the songs, and maybe changing parts that didn't work during the demo stages. Which, co-incidentally are written with a guitar, software and the internet. None of us actually live near each other, so it's not always the best recipe for "jamming" besides, who wants to play the same riff for 4 hours in a cold room full of blokes?

Generally I feel we were far more prepared than the last record, particularly Jeff, with the last album he came in towards the last minute - and didn't really get the opportunity to put his "stamp" on the drumming. This time round I think you can really hear the difference, particularly as we have replaced all his drumming with samples! Joke!

Recording and studio wise, it's always a real pleasure to go to Chapel studios. Life goes in slow motion at the Chapel, and you find yourself enjoying doing laundry, having afternoon naps, and sipping tea whilst listening to Radio two, for the 2 weeks you are there. Steve, Aaron and Jeff laid down the rhythm tracks whilst Greg and I did nothing more than arrange a new song, and send each other verbal insults on messenger from our adjacent bedrooms.

The second half of the album was recorded at the awesome Strait sound studios in Gibson's, Vancouver. A beautiful part of the world without question, but with appalling routing and overzealous Customs interrogation. It took 35 hours to get from Leeds to our destination. The highlight of the outgoing trip was in Heathrow Airport when I was lucky enough to sit next to Pat Sharp from the 90's UK kids TV program "Funhouse"? yes the journey really sucked.

Greg and I worked pretty relentlessly for 2 weeks here, so much so that neither of us got the chance to see a real life "Samquanch" - the only real minor niggle in an otherwise very productive recording experience. As I type, the final tracks are being mixed or "forged" if you like to be cheesy, in the very capable hands of Mike "Fraze" Frazer and they sound pretty bloody good!"

Source: paradiselost.co.uk
Band profile: Paradise Lost
Posted: 12.02.2007 by iaberis?

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 3 users
12.02.2007 - 12:50
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Yeah, can't wait for the new album!
"Paradise Lost" album was very good, I hope they continue so...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
12.02.2007 - 13:58
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yeah, I hope that the new cover will not be that awful as the last one :|
----
Bitch! Please
12.02.2007 - 14:17
Bas
Retired Staff
lol, that guy is funny
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
12.02.2007 - 18:41
dancingdecember

goth metallers?god...PL has found its way again in last album.i hope they will get better in this one also.i always love and respect PL .in short,can't wait!!!
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
12.02.2007 - 22:28
aya

guess this album will be awesome, cant wait too
13.02.2007 - 04:16
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by aya on 12.02.2007 at 22:28

guess this album will be awesome, cant wait too

Me too! Welcome to the site by the way
----
Bitch! Please
13.02.2007 - 10:58
Eight
Shapeshifter
Fucking A! This is going to be awsome, they just don't do bad stuff
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
22.02.2007 - 15:08
Thryce
Retired Staff
Another extensive update about the album by drummer Jeff Singer:

"Just thought I would jot down a couple of lines regarding In Requiem with the release drawing ever closer.

The whole process for In Requiem has been very different to the experience of recording PLX. The last album was very much a case of 'go with the flow' as I came in very late with the writing pretty much finished. There were bits and pieces changed during pre production but it was about fitting in the right drum parts without much time to work on them and although I think it is a great album I didn't feel I had time to work with the songs and really create my feel.

Being the 'newby' at that time meant just keeping my head down and getting the job done. Two and a half years later and after touring with the band I felt a lot more settled, part of the unit and very much part of the creative process.

It must be a year now since the first ideas were being sent across but it was around August that the first album pre production took place. It was clear that the bar had been risen in terms of the performance that was needed and without putting too fine a point on it I had some hard work to do. I had four months of worry. Let's pull no punches here, love or hate Paradise Lost this is an iconic band and as the drummer I have to be a good representation of the band...and now I had been settled in for 3 years I had alot to prove!

It was clear to me that as a band we were all alot more focused and we rehearsed alot harder for this album. Fact is that it shows and I genuinely can't wait for people to hear it.

At this point I have to mention Rhys (Fulber). He is a really strong part of the team and is with you all the way. He bolstered me up big time and was totally confident and positive with regard to my performances. This is incredibly important to us delicate flowers that they call musicians....alright drummers!

We concentrated very much on getting a great drum sound (thanks Gretsch and Sabian) and trying to get a perfect take during recording as opposed to edits or drop ins. We also worked harder on tempos to make sure each song had a better flow and it really shows.

One thing that made me laugh was Nick mentioning that he and Greg were in the studio, in adjacent rooms all day sending insults on Messenger...it is totally true LOL!!

So what can you expect? Very heavy, very dark and lots of double bass drums. Any questions, drop me a line on the forum or through my MySpace."
----
Your favorite band sucks.

Hits total: 3132 | This month: 2