Metal Storm logo
Xandria - Cancel Last Shows Of European Tour

Xandria have released a statement saying that they are forced to cancel the show at Rockfabrik Nürnberg, as well as today's show in Frankfurt and the show after that in Augsburg, the last three shows of their Sacrifium European Tour. The reason for the cancellation is because singer Dianne Van Giersbergen has fallen sick and lost her voice. The band won't be able to perform on their last three German shows.

The symphonic metallers state: "We wish her well and enough rest to recover to be on stage again together with us in 2015! Information on how to reimburse tickets or if the events will be shifted to other dates will follow as soon as possible. We again want to apologise for all your inconvenience. Like you we too we're looking forward to performing these last 2014 show dates! We're hoping for your understanding. Dianne, Marco, Philip, Steven, Gerit."

In other news, Xandria were recently at Sandlane Recording Facilities in The Netherlands. Together with producer Joost van den Broek, they have been working on song ideas for their new album and also the Sonata Arctica cover "Don't Say A Word" for an upcoming Sonata Arctica tribute album. You can find out more about this tribute album here. Other bands that are participating: Van Canto, Stream Of Passion, Arven, Dyscordia and many more.

Source: xandria.de
Band profile: Xandria
Posted: 01.12.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 47 users
01.12.2014 - 19:26
fandango68
Would be nice if Metal Storm could find a picky of the band which actually featured Dianne!

Saw them in Bilston back in May, and I think she fits in well for them. Really hope they don't lose another singer so quickly, because I think Dianne has real promise and bands like Xandria lose a degree of momentum and a piece of their identity every time they do...
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..

Hits total: 2075 | This month: 3