05. Segredo De Família
06. Triunfo Do Aço
07. No Calor Do Inferno
08. Cidade Fantasma
09. À Boleia Com O Diabo

Guest review by
basquetal
Rating:
Midnight Priest is a Portuguese band that was born in mid-2008 and is already being talked about here in Portugal. After the great success that was the EP Rainha Da Magia Negra, Midnight Priest shows us their first album called Midnight Priest.

Midnight Priest play their sound according to traditional heavy metal, NWOBHM and their inspiration comes from bands like Iron Maiden, King Diamond, and Mercyful Fate. This album is an injection of nostalgia, you will be reminded of the years when NWOBHM was at its peak; the riffs, the vocals, the solos, everything is a visit to the past. If you are a big fan of Iron Maiden and King Diamond this is definitely an album for you.

Read more ››
published 12.07.2012 | Comments (1)

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 51 users
03.12.2014 - 12:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good HM indeed musically, but if band wants move on lyrics must be in German, Accept wont be so big because German lyrics. How far you can go whit Portuguese, Portugal, maybe Spain, S America is risk, so but band did changed and this years album is in English, musically both kick ass , but lyrics, I remember I told in old days I don't care in what language lyrics are , now well less time and so on
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.12.2014 - 13:29
Rating: 9
raveneffect

Written by Bad English on 03.12.2014 at 12:45

Good HM indeed musically, but if band wants move on lyrics must be in German, Accept wont be so big because German lyrics. How far you can go whit Portuguese, Portugal, maybe Spain, S America is risk, so but band did changed and this years album is in English, musically both kick ass , but lyrics, I remember I told in old days I don't care in what language lyrics are , now well less time and so on

They got a weird rep at first for singing in Portuguese but we quickly got used to it since the music is so good. You have to understand that, nowadays, it's very hard for a band to go Big, specially on a country like Portugal. They indeed have all english-written lyrics on their upcoming Album "Midnight Steel" but, honestly, wont probably do much. It's best to just do a bunch of good albums and a few gigs over Portugal and have fun.

Also, as Metalheads, we're very much used to enjoy music we dont fully understand the lyrics....and even the really extreme bands who sing in english...can the regular fan honestly know what's being said unless he specifically reads them?
03.12.2014 - 13:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by raveneffect on 03.12.2014 at 13:29

Written by Bad English on 03.12.2014 at 12:45

They got a weird rep at first for singing in Portuguese but we quickly got used to it since the music is so good. You have to understand that, nowadays, it's very hard for a band to go Big, specially on a country like Portugal. They indeed have all english-written lyrics on their upcoming Album "Midnight Steel" but, honestly, wont probably do much. It's best to just do a bunch of good albums and a few gigs over Portugal and have fun.

That album is out acceding to band FB and label site
Its true but they can bigger, Pedro Pita guitarist he is in my friend list
Polish band CRystal Viper did it became big, they wont be so big if would sing in a polish
Music is good yes, but to be able to tour in Europe even 100 people sold out gigs, you need to have English lyrics
----

apos;'
[image]
03.12.2014 - 16:31
Rating: 9
raveneffect

Crystal Viper is a different thing. First of, they're from Belgium which is a different nature by itself and their whole carreer as CV was sang in English. They rose after Legends which came out by AFM records and that's a big deal. Also, one major factor here: they have a female singer. Not the case with Midnight Priest.

I'm guessing they're going for the International stardom attempt since they've decided to Run an English-sang album which I already heard some songs live, cool stuff. I guess I get it since they've achieved everything there is to achieve in Portugal by singing in Portuguese and, due to the weak nature of the beast, they're not getting bigger. However, by singing in English they become just another King Diamond-esque influenced band that doesnt quite excell at it since theres already a few bands out there doing it and, let's be honest, they're doing it better. I hope I'm wrong, they certainly deserve a lot more.

As for your To be able to tour in Europe solidly you need to sing in English argument, that's just bullshit. Solstafir used to sing and English and they only broke through when they droped that act. Now they're touring Europe on booked up club shows
25.06.2016 - 19:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by raveneffect on 03.12.2014 at 16:31

Crystal Viper is a different thing. First of, they're from Belgium which is a different nature by itself and their whole carreer as

Crystal Viper is from Poland !!!!!!!!!!!!
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 2805 | This month: 10