Metal Storm logo
Geoff Tate's Operation: Mindcrime - Sign To Frontiers Music, Album In 2015

A few months ago, former Queensrÿche singer Geoff Tate reached a settlement with his ex-band and put an end to the confusion of having two Queensrÿches. He retained exclusive rights to perform Operation: Mindcrime I and II in their entirety. Well, his next project is called precisely Operation: Mindcrime and features himself, bassist Rudy Sarzo (Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake), drummer Simon Wright (AC/DC, Dio), guitarist Kelly Gray (Queensrÿche) and keyboardist Randy Gane (Myth). This band, which is basically Geoff Tate's Queensrÿche, has signed a worldwide record deal with Frontiers Music Srl for their forthcoming trilogy project.

"All of us in Operation: Mindcrime are looking forward to the new frontier with our new label, Frontiers Music Srl," states Tate regarding the signing. "They're giving us the creative freedom necessary to do the trilogy project I've envisioned for the past few years. It's going to be great fun for all of us involved and we hope our fans will enjoy listening to it as much as we plan to enjoy creating and recording it."

Ecstatic to have the band on his label, Frontiers Music Srl President Serafino Perugino comments: "As a long time fan of Geoff Tate and Operation: Mindcrime (the album), I am truly honored that he decided to sign with my label to give a home to his forthcoming trilogy. We look forward to release Operation: Mindcrime's new music to the world!"

Tate considers the creation of the forthcoming trilogy one of his biggest and most ambitious works to date. "I tried to reduce the story and eventually got it down to 37 ideas that needed representing to complete the story," comments Geoff. "I knew that one record wouldn't cover it and that it would have to be a trilogy."

Courtesy of the label

Operation: Mindcrime, named after Queensrÿche's epic concept album from 1988, recently entered the studio to begin recording the album that is expected to be released in the late spring, early summer of 2015.

Further details of the project shall be revealed later. After that brilliant album Frequency Unknown, can Geoff Tate do better?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Operation: Mindcrime
Posted: 03.12.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 48 users
03.12.2014 - 14:10
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Expecting something good from Geoff Tate at this point is something bound to fail badly. Forget about Frequency Unknown, there is a string of 7 albums that failed badly with him as the mastermind. No matter how good the concept that he envisioned is, fact remains that Tate has long been lacking creativity and the musicians surrounding him are not that great either.
05.12.2014 - 11:29
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Let me see if I understood: three other O:M albums? really? because O:M 2 was so great, right? I guess Tate just can't leave that thing alone.
is the news post sarcastic calling Frequency Unknown brilliant? I did not get that, maybe I need a "sarcasm sign".
05.12.2014 - 12:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Guest on 05.12.2014 at 11:29

Let me see if I understood: three other O:M albums? really? because O:M was so great, right? I guess Tate just can't leave that thing alone.
is the news post sarcastic calling Frequency Unknown brilliant? I did not get that, maybe I need a "sarcasm sign".

Sarcasm yes
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.12.2014 - 06:33
mikeprado30

Geoff, PLEAZE STAHP!!!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
29.11.2018 - 13:48
Ocean Perez

Goff Tate's operation this was the mind crime that have to sign to the frontiers this was the music album that I have to know. This was the metal storm that have been share this on www.rush-my-essay.com this has the all albums of the all famous stars on it that was good to have.

Hits total: 2015 | This month: 6