Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - Release Lyric Video For New Single

After a few years, you can finally listen to a brand new song from Blind Guardian. The power metallers are releasing today their new single "Twilight Of The Gods". Below, you can check out the track and watch the lyric video created for it. Go ahead and listen to it! Don't forget to give us your impressions of the first taste from the upcoming album Beyond The Red Mirror.

You can order the single as a digipak or vinyl here and digital over here.

Single Artwork

As for the record Beyond The Red Mirror, it will be out on January 30th (Europe), February 2nd (UK) and February 3rd, 2015 (North America) via Nuclear Blast Records. All the details can be found here.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Blind Guardian
Posted: 05.12.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 226 users
05.12.2014 - 13:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
They should change name, is taken by Amon Amarth
I like some how lyrics, music as well, seems better as others after Nightfall albums , but if its be so operatic it will be boring
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.12.2014 - 13:02
Empyror

Sounds good. No real surprises, which can be a good thing sometimes. It sounds like what you'd expect to hear from a new Blind Guardian song. All the trademarks are present. I hope this isn't the best song on the album though. While it's good, and no doubt will get better with subsequent listens, it doesn't grab you and move you right from the start like most of their best and classic songs do.
05.12.2014 - 13:04
Zap
It sounds terrible in mono, although I don't think the song is good to begin with.
05.12.2014 - 15:42
Ammar Eid

Not bad at all, but it sounds like a demo recording
05.12.2014 - 16:28
musclassia

I have to agree with above comments, the sound seems rather weak and subpar for the band, and the soundclip from Sacred Worlds at the end of the video just highlights it more. The song in general on first listen is pretty forgettable too
05.12.2014 - 16:59
Hallford9000

The lyrics surely do not help its funk...
05.12.2014 - 22:47
azry3L

Rest assured, it's only the video quality that's bad. The actual file from Nuclear Blast at 320 kbps sounds excellent.
06.12.2014 - 10:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by deadone on 06.12.2014 at 02:10

Decent song if completely predictable.

I'm glad they're moving back to more speed metal on some of their tracks.

Agree that it's just a decent song. Doesn't do much to excite me for the album though. I thought they would start with a bang.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.12.2014 - 12:45
Stunning Cactus

Good teaser. Hopefully stronger content on the album.
06.12.2014 - 22:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Average song that is just recycling old ideas...i expect and demand better stuff on the album
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.12.2014 - 11:26
Shmyt

I like it, not super awesome but the first peek generally isn't the best song. its standard Blind Guardian fare; speed metal, lyrics are still the good old blend of mysticism and fantasy, vocals havent changed much if at all, guitar work sounds good enough to my untrained ear to listen to a high quality version when it ships. I'm just glad they aren't doing anything weird soundwise; i'll take a basic, unoriginal, standard album over something like hammerfall's infected any day...
25.12.2014 - 10:28
Olives

Nice one, minus the chorus . I might try this album out

Hits total: 2925 | This month: 3