Metal Storm logo
Powerwolf - New Album Coming Next Year

Powerwolf have shared some good news today. During the past six months, the power metal band has been secretly busy writing songs for the follow up album to Preachers Of The Night and the recording process will begin in January. You can look forward to their new opus next summer. Are you excited?

The band says: "By now the major part of the songwriting is finished and we're right now preparing for the studio work. The recordings will begin in early January and will keep us busy until March. The release is scheduled for summer 2015. So, what can you expect? Without revealing too much at this early stage, you can expect an album that's 100% uncompromising Powerwolf-stuff. There's songs to go wild to, there's epic and atmospheric stuff - and a lot of wolfish metal madness in between - and quite a bunch of songs that will be must-plays on any future Powerwolf liveshow for damn sure. We can't wait to get this album shaped! We'll keep you posted!"

Posted on the band's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Powerwolf
Posted: 05.12.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 65 users
05.12.2014 - 21:37
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Nice, they haven't disappointed yet though I'm not sure how long they can can go on before the formula gets tired.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
05.12.2014 - 21:54
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by AngelofDeth on 05.12.2014 at 21:37

Nice, they haven't disappointed yet though I'm not sure how long they can can go on before the formula gets tired.

I think it is already tired. Preachers had the signs, like half of the album was filler material. I don't really think that these guys will change their sound drasticaly, but I do believe that they are capable of offering solid material. It's just that things have kinda been going downhill...
05.12.2014 - 23:34
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Bleh. Wish they would focus on more Flowing Tears and less on Powerwolf. That band actually felt real...
06.12.2014 - 21:42
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 05.12.2014 at 21:54

I think it is already tired. Preachers had the signs, like half of the album was filler material. I don't really think that these guys will change their sound drasticaly, but I do believe that they are capable of offering solid material. It's just that things have kinda been going downhill...

I guess that is true. Preachers was my first introduction to them so it felt really fresh from that alone but in hindsight that is true, only like 3 good songs on it and the rest just filler.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
07.12.2014 - 21:28
Ornusashas

Hell yeah, I'm pumped!
----
Need to make a living somehow... http://creamandpowder.com/
08.12.2014 - 14:51
naemah

Just hope they will try to create something more original than the previous albums, they are getting a bit boring...
----
"Nothing is more real than nothing." (Samuel Beckett)
09.12.2014 - 11:25
Kamil
Account deleted
I have hope, that this time they will refresh or at least improve their formula, which is already tired since last 2 albums.

Hits total: 1575 | This month: 3