02. Cloak Of Altering
03. The Night Comes Illuminated With Death
04. The Lustful Farçade Of The Madrigals
05. Veil Of Stars
06. Golden Radiation Fills The Void

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
Mories de Jong is hyperactive this year, no one can deny it. After De Magia Veterum, Gnaw Their Tongues and Aderlating the time has arrived for Cloak Of Altering to come to the surface. The Night Comes Illuminated With Death is the title of the debut and the cover artwork is actually very tempting, it holds a tattoo-like aesthetic in shades of gold and crimson that leave an intense and royal impression at the same time.

Read more ››
published 29.10.2011 | Comments (29)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 56 users
08.12.2014 - 00:32
Maco
Pvt Funderground
This sounds great with some good quality speakers.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
23.09.2018 - 12:36
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
First time I give it a proper listening since the time it came out 7 years ago... Daaaaaaaamn, forgot how brilliant this album was. The synths and bass are ON POINT.
Most likely my favorite CoA release or maybe in a tie with "Ancient Paths Through Timeless Voids".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.10.2020 - 22:10
Rating: 9
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
COA remains one of my favorite Mories projects in general but these earlier releases way outshine what came later, synths in particular on this and the sophomore album are a lot more unhinged and adventurous. "Golden Radiation Fills The Void" is just delicious.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 5494 | This month: 8