05. Apatia
06. Paranoia
07. Sottomissione
08. Alienazione
09. Egoismo
10. Inferno

Water torture, CIA-style.

That's what Peste feels like.

Hierophant must have gone through hell trying to gather all the ugly they could find in death, black, grind and hardcore punk. You can imagine how happy I was when I discovered the latter takes precedence over the other genres I mentioned. And because bands are not always clueless and devoid of humour, they coined a funny term for their style that I wouldn't mind using in the future myself: "deathpunk."

It is without mercy that these Italians water-board you with that weird cocktail of theirs. It takes only a mouthful to understand these guys know how to play their instruments in order to achieve one of the catchiest, most fist-shaking, head-banging and moshpit-elbow-inducing albums of the year. But don't be a sissy, don't sip that shit. With its mere twenty minutes, Peste has to be drank bottoms up.

With a couple slower tracks to help you catch your breath, Hierophant's intentions are clearly not to drown you, but merely to make you weak enough for the next round of d-beat 'n' growl madness. Less civilized than Trap Them, but not as insane as Nails, Hierophant struck the perfect balance between methodically violent and faeces-smearing-on-walls-batshit-crazy.

Can't write a review longer than the album. So stop delaying it; come on, don't be a fancy nancy: pinch that nose and swallow that shot of muddy toilet-water.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 9

Written by Ilham | 13.12.2014

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 105 users
13.12.2014 - 15:06
garmling
Account deleted
Now that's what I like... Dirty and hard hitting! Thanx for recommendation!
13.12.2014 - 15:43
Rating: 8
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 13.12.2014 at 15:06

Now that's what I like... Dirty and hard hitting! Thanx for recommendation!

Always a pleasure .
13.12.2014 - 17:53
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Blackened deathgrind, you say? Well this definitely sounds like something I'd enjoy, especially in regards to (you know me) those slower tracks you mentioned. Hopping on this when I get off work
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.12.2014 - 18:41
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.12.2014 at 17:53

Blackened deathgrind, you say? Well this definitely sounds like something I'd enjoy, especially in regards to (you know me) those slower tracks you mentioned. Hopping on this when I get off work

It's more like what the band said, death and hardcore punk, even if there are touches of black and grind here and there. But the there are only two slower tracks, one is like 2 minutes long and the other is at the end. I don't really know if this would be your thing really, but you'll tell me I guess.
13.12.2014 - 20:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Beatin' D's while smearing faeces on the less civilized?!? Sounds like my sorta thing!
13.12.2014 - 20:25
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Dangerboner on 13.12.2014 at 20:19

Beatin' D's while smearing faeces on the less civilized?!? Sounds like my sorta thing!

Didn't you listen to this already?
15.12.2014 - 22:17
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Woa, great sound, heavy as hell. Thanks for the review.
----
rekt
15.12.2014 - 22:54
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by tea[m]ster on 15.12.2014 at 22:17

Woa, great sound, heavy as hell. Thanks for the review.

Glad you liked it!

Hits total: 3089 | This month: 5