Metal Storm logo
Zdzislaw Beksinski

21.05.2006 - 12:58
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Well, this guy, Zdzislaw Beksinski is hands down my favourite artist. He specializes in horror/fantasy artwork, and they are probably the best I've seen in this genre. He hails from Poland and unfortunately was murdered in February 2005. His works usually echo dissonance and are filled with desolate imagery. He is very skilled and his attention to detail is just impeccable.

Here is a link to his gallery: Zdzislaw Beksinski

Even though I have many favourites of his, this one I really like:

Anybody else heard of him? (I know Vakshay has )
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
23.05.2006 - 16:29
Vakshay
Account deleted
Hehe yes, big fan here. Probably one of the best horror/fantasy artists of all time. I admire the works from his 'fantastic period' the most. Very desolate and occasionally frightening imagery, I often wonder what he was thinking when he thought up his paintings. I am sure it is only a matter of time before his work ends up on a cd cover sometime (if it hasn't already).
16.06.2006 - 07:53
..ExoTeaR..

wow i didnt no this dude but my unholy god his work is rather pervable if u no what i mean tragic to hear he has decomposed tho damn i cant believe ive missing out on this work cheers for starting a thread
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
07.08.2006 - 15:48
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Beksinski's official site, which has loads more images.

I discovered him today, and holy fuck, I was blown away. His artwork was very desolate and twisted, stuff that I'll probably see in my dreams. Beksinski grew up in post-Holocaust Poland, and his paintings were "memories of visions" he had as a child. This is obvious in his work, as many of the people resemble surgery victims(a la Mengele), almost barren wastelands littered with bones and corpses, and in one painting what looks like a concentration camp uniform.

Looking at his paintings with the site music made me feel an eerie sort of disturbing calm. It was really bizarre, but fitted the mood quite nicely.
----
22.09.2006 - 13:27
Eternal Flames

I've been a fan of his work for quite some time now. Very talented artist. His work is surreal and he created some very disturbing images although put such great detail in his work, it is truly amazing. He is probably one of my favourite artists also. The gloomy atmosphere he adds to his work is just brilliant.
22.09.2006 - 13:43
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I'm glad that there are more Beksinski fans than me...
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
29.12.2006 - 19:08
razorblade_666
Account deleted
I love him.. especially that he was polish artist heh and he lived near my town so I know his works for a long time... his son was an artist too, I adore his reviews of gothic and rock bands of all Poland.

Do you know arts of Wojciech Siudmak? He was from Poland too and made similar arts like Beksiński. Here's a link to his gallery in english version: http://www.siudmak.pl/index_eng.html

Hope you enjoy it
29.12.2006 - 19:20
razorblade_666
Account deleted
oh, and other artist from Poland, from my neighbourhood. He paints 'angels' and 'devils' (of course they're cretions of imagination of those residenst) from Bieszczady; there's a region in south Poland where is much places to visit, hills and mounds to go hiking. Bieszczady are very very impressive and magic place... sorry about that prologue but without knowledge anout Bieszczady you won't enjoy arts of Robert Myszkal, I think...
here's the link: http://www.rymanow.tom.pl/robert/anioly.htm

26.07.2010 - 00:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's amazing how many of his paintings are used as metal cover arts. I can understand why, many of them do indeed perfectly complement the music. Easily one of my favourite artists, along with Alex Andreyev and Trevor Brown.
29.09.2010 - 09:41
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Can you link me to some metal album covers that use his art? I've seen some - can't remember where though...
----
06.10.2010 - 23:01
RobertNowhere

I go on Tumblr quite a bit, and the kids there are ALL over him! not a day goes by that i dont see one of his paintings float past me in the scoll...amazing...
----
http://robertnowhere.blogspot.com
07.10.2010 - 23:10
Daniell
_爱情_
His son was Tomasz Beksinski, an excellent journalist and translator - he was especially famous for his translations of all Bond movies and Monty Python's Flying Circus.
He committed suicide at the age of 40.