07. Death In Triplicate
08. Virus (Inside Us)
09. In The Mouth Of Madness
10. Inexorable
11. The Broken Back Of Democracy
12. Tomorrow We Rule The World
13. Night Winter Death

Global Warning: Escape to safer areas away from this Cd

I don't really know what's the drive that makes bands release a bad album. I mean, you can tell when the band releases an album because they want to brag that they have an album out and there are going on tour, i.e. Bullshit.

Suicide Watch is a band from England, and they play Thrash Metal, a nod to the Old-school if you want to call it that way, you know the formula, rapid riffing, fast-paced drum patterns, screaming vocals and overall aggressive attitude, oh how original.

The cover art has to be one of the worst cover arts this year, is really laughable, the inlay design is quite awful also and the productions is bad too!, while it sounds clear enough to enjoy the music, the sound is not the proper, it feels too cold and distant for a Thrash album, the sound should be more involving and warm-sounding, so if you really want to hear this, you might wanna press the bass button up.

Musically, Suicide Watch brings nothing new, and nothing interesting if I might say, if you heard some Thrash in the eighties, you'll find many familiar sounds here, but after 20 years the same sounds loose originality, that's a fact.

So, summing thing up, what you'll find in this album? Thrash Metal with a lot of Old-School influences, sadly, the band never achieves the level of the Thrash bands from the eighties, and it becomes a boring listen, because if I wanted to listen Thrash from the eighties I would listen Nuclear Assault, Kreator and Overkill.

I wonder who's the first fool to write me telling me the cover art is so cool?

Written by Undercraft | 26.09.2005

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 11 users
15.02.2007 - 11:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Well, one might not like the cover art... but talking about a nod to the old school... the cover art was done by the one and only Ed Repka, yes, him of Nuclear Assault, Death, Uncle Slam, Megadeth cover art.
This album is total old school thrash/corossover worship just like Municipal Waste.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.06.2011 - 06:08
Rating: 5
Shangri-la

This album does have clear 80's Thrash influences, but it doesn't feel like it goes anywhere, and the changes in rifts don't seem to flow together. Hardly worth Checking out.

Hits total: 2959 | This month: 7