05. The Newborn Spring
06. When The Sun Sets
07. Tears Of Medusa
08. Devil's Signs
09. The Lady Of The Game
10. Wild Females
11. Aries [bonus]

Additional info
Recording: Daniel Rehbein, Dejan Djukovic & Mario Lochert.
Producer: Riccardo Studer.
Mixing & mastering: Jan Vacik.
Cover art: Francesco Bonetti.

Staff review by
Susan
Rating:
Let's close out 2014 right: fans of melodic metal from across the spectrum, come together and hear Evenoire's Herons. If you like proggy, heavy symphonic metal with folk elements and absolutely ass-kicking vocals, then step right up, step right up.

The dual guitars play a vital role and keep this album very heavy, even crunchy at times, helped along by the well-mixed and hard-hitting drums (drums are especially appreciated on "Love Enslaves," and many others). Strings appear on a few tracks in a dark, cabaret-like setting, as opposed to evoking a symphony orchestra as on others. In fact, much of this album has a very subtle sinister quality to it, permeating all of the beauty.

Read more ››
published 03.01.2015 | Comments (7)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 129 users
03.01.2015 - 22:31
Reaper_Redeemer

This cover attracted me
04.01.2015 - 16:21
Frudd
Account deleted
Good stuff
04.01.2015 - 18:03
Rating: 8
MHShokuhi

Awesome album, was a long time since i listened to something like that, truly a masterpiece... but they really need to think about their graphist, no offence, but he doesn't have the necessary skill for the job if it wasn't for Susan Review i might be long away from listening to this album
----
Shake the silence and hear what it say ~In Flames
05.01.2015 - 11:13
Rating: 6
Jeeers

Decent music but very annoying vocals. Feels like she is trying too much on the verge of straining her voice. I give this album rating 6, but for me it feels more like 5 because of "annoyance factor".
Anyway, I am not too much into this kind of metal ...

Hits total: 4162 | This month: 10