03. Making It To The States
04. Naturals With The Ladies
05. Big In The USA
06. Creating Symphonies
07. The Writing Process
08. A View From 1992
09. Slash Dementia

Symphonies Of Sickness FAQ

1.- First of all?Is this really Carcass's Best work ever?
R. Well, in an objective way?yes it is, the response may vary due to the different musical tastes, but this album was and is still one of the greatest albums in Death/Grindcore Metal, not only because of the incredible music, but also due to the historical endeavor that "Symphonies Of Sickness" has; this album influenced a lot of bands, including Exhumed, The County Medical Examiners, Impaled, Disgorge, Stoma, etc. Carcass evolved the way to write lyrics, to present an album artwork, a way that people has to love or hate, a way that was and is still copied by many bands all over the globe.

2.-Cool, but dude, what makes Symphonies so special? I mean come on Reek Of Putrefaction was mostly the same, gore, brutality, medical terms, etc?
R. You got that right mate, now here's my answer?Reek Of Putrefaction is a great album, YES, but it lacks of good production, better structured music, and some other you'll find in this album, Symphonies has an incredible structure, not only ultra fast violent songs, you can find melodies, groove in the drum beats (The intro in Ruptured in Purulence is a good example) and catchy riffs, but most of all more mature music (not as mature as in Heartwork of course but still), and here we can find an incredible mixture of the tree vocalists in some songs.

3.-Well, can you highlight some songs? You know, so I can check them before I buy the album.
R. Are you thinking of downloading the album??? Well it doesn't matter when you have those songs you WILL go and buy this album for sure. Anyway, the songs to highlight are "Exhume To Consume" a classic song, a great intro, great drumming, and great bass-lines.

"Ruptured In Purulence" a song for those "Corporal Jigsore Quandary" lovers, Ruptured has a great drum intro, one of the first complex drum-lines in Carcass history with irregular beats and a good ride at the beginning. The vocals here are amazing, the tree members making an outstanding performance to say the least.

4.-Well maybe I'll buy this album?but wait are you hiding something?, is Symphonies Of Sickness Perfect from head to toe?
R. Well not exactly, The production even tough is way better than Reek Of Putrefaction, is still not perfect, the bass cannot be appreciated completely, and some drum cymbals got lost in a couple of songs?no more imperfections in "Symphonies Of Sickness"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 10
Originality: 10
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 15.02.2007

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 158 users
15.02.2007 - 20:36
Rating: 9
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Wonderful album, one of the best death-grind album of all time...
Necroticism is even better, but this is a masterpiece anyway!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
20.03.2008 - 06:57
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
i usually dislike anything who has a ''grind''... but this album is very nice. The horrible first album give me a wrong idea of Carcass music. ''Reek of Putrefaction'' is a great song, so as ''Embryonic Necropsy And Devourment'' and ''Slash Dementia''.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.03.2008 - 18:59
Rating: 8
Sunioj

Great album, I probably listen to this more than heartwork or swansong. It really is well thought out, the song structure, the brutality, everything.
08.05.2009 - 18:00
Rating: 6
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I don;t like so much this album. maybe cause i am not so much into grindcore. maybe cause it's bad. but what i don;t like the most is it's production...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!

Hits total: 10993 | This month: 2