Metal Storm logo
Sheet music (all parts)

11.01.2015 - 10:21
scrambles

Does anyone here know where to find sheet music for metal albums (or individual songs) for all parts in a band - drums, guitar, bass, vocals, and anything else - that's actually written by the band members themselves? Or does anyone know of any particular bands who write out sheet music for all the parts in their songs? I really want to start a blog/website about the music theory of metal (the scales/modes bands use, song form, rhythms, harmonies, melodic structure, and so on), but I can't flawlessly pick all that stuff out by ear when I listen to a song. And neither can anyone else. So in order to really know what a band is playing in any given song, and not half-ass the job, I'd need sheet music written by the folks who wrote the songs. I could work with tabs, too, if they were written by the band members, but there's a lot to a song that tabs don't really show very well (like rhythm). I know i'm being really picky. Sorry about that. Any and all bands/sub-genres welcome.
11.01.2015 - 13:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
The only time I've come across what you're looking for is when a band member will post tabs on Facebook or Instagram or something, but even then it's usually either drums or guitar.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."