Metal Storm logo
Derdian

16.02.2007 - 03:20
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Hello all. I search and find no topic on this fabulous new Italian Power Metal band, Derdian.

They sound nice! It's like a cross between Rhapsody Of Fire, Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica

I just found out about them this morning on myspace when they sent me a friend request. here is their page (hear them for yourself!) :

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63256453
23.02.2007 - 19:00
Carrion
Account deleted
Sounds good, the band is technical and all, but I'm not sure about the originality of these guys.
23.02.2007 - 19:56
Lupas
Maximus
I have their second album and they are more powerful than Rapsody of fire although they have many same things. But overall they have good talent to become Rapsody perhaps Rapsody of water
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
25.02.2007 - 17:46
Hyvaarin

I've got to say I'm impressed/amazed at how much they pimp themselves all over the net. Music's ok, but not especially impressive.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.02.2007 - 03:40
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
This band is a myspace plague, i have had like 4 requests from them. Their music is not terrible, but pretty standard.
26.02.2007 - 07:29
Eternal Flames

I must agree with their whole whoring themselves out on myspace (and other websites too). I've had many requests from these guys on myspace and they even added me on last.fm. They aren't a bad band, but just not very original. They've really managed to get a lot of attention with their self promotion all over the internet too.
02.03.2007 - 00:37
Sanvean

I saw this band live in 2004! They're very very good, maybe not so original but it's not so important!
A lot of band are not original! Derdian are amazing! And that's all!
----
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo
02.03.2007 - 00:53
Etaín

This band is stalking me too ...

They send me a friend request on myspace. I checked out their music, and i dont like it. So decline the request. They send me more requests, like 4 times. And on Lastfm they keep inviting me to their group and i dont want to!! Leave me alone damnit! xD

Seems like they're bugging loads of people and its really annoying :s
15.03.2007 - 02:25
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
lol......ummmm wow it seems that i been living under a rock as you all seem to be very familiar with this band first glance.
11.07.2007 - 21:31
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Big bands come out of Italian, Derdian it's one of them. They formed in 1998 and released two demos "Revenge" in 2001 and "Incitement" in 2003. The first work "New Era Pt. I" released in March of 2005 expose a Symphonic Power with great passages and solos. Great for Derdian !!!
11.07.2007 - 21:34
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Written by Lupas on 23.02.2007 at 19:56

I have their second album and they are more powerful than Rapsody of fire although they have many same things. But overall they have good talent to become Rapsody perhaps Rapsody of water

Second album.....?????

Derdian Discography :
2001 Revenge.Demo
2003 Incitement.Demo
2005 New Era Pt. I
12.07.2007 - 08:54
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Guest on 11.07.2007 at 21:34

Written by Lupas on 23.02.2007 at 19:56

Second album.....?????

Derdian Discography :
2001 Revenge.Demo
2003 Incitement.Demo
2005 New Era Pt. I

Well , you are right . They have one complete album and 2 demos But i have read that they are in process for their second album , in which the name of their new album is New Era PtII:)
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
12.07.2007 - 20:26
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I first heard of'em on last.fm on a friend request. I checked their myspace page, and I liked their music. So I decided to buy the album, ordered it and paid for it..... I still have NOT received it! It has been over 6 months!! :
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
12.07.2007 - 20:57
Ellie
Account deleted
I've listened to them for a couple years now. If you like Derdian you will most definitely like Olymous Mons. <3
12.07.2007 - 21:51
APOHAKC
The Bard
I listened their songs on myspace, it is quite interesting band, looking forward to hear some more
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.09.2007 - 16:20
Bararey
Winter is Coming
So someone reported what I mentioned here in the forum to the band and I was contacted by Henry of Derdian (the email was in Italian and thanks again to cradle of bodom for translating the email coz dictionary.com translation tool made no sense at all!!)

I have to say it was very thoughtful and kind of the band to take some time and deal and follow up with this issue, which was resolved and I got the CD.

And yes I still think the music is very good
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
25.01.2008 - 00:23
Aebsi

Yea they're good, and I like the fact that they sound like a cross between Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica and Rhapsody of Fire, two of those bands are on my favorite list. About the originality hopefully they eventually, sooner rather than later hehe, find out what they want or have to give to this genre.
----
Just be Yourself
11.01.2011 - 00:01
Zenzero
Zenzero
New opinion after the 3rd album??? I was fighting a little bit for the review of it...
I like this band, for example I prefer their 3 albums than the last 2 of Rhapsody (of fire)!

I like power metal, if not I can't like them, but I don't like band like rainxeed or axenstar or revolution reinassence or ect ect... I don't think that this is a bad band, yes it's not original, but I think that don't exist anymore many original bands now!! In each genre....

Let me know what d'you think! I'm curious!
12.01.2011 - 02:42
Luneth
Account deleted
Big issue with Derdian will be how original they are, they don't seem to rely on symphonic influences as much as Rhapsody [the keyboards are a lot faster] but thematically; perhaps you could argue that saga storytelling has been done to death.

Despite that, the story told in the new era trilogy is pretty damn good, so many catchy and melodic tracks on the albums [I liked the 1st and the 3rd most].
12.01.2011 - 13:49
RavenKing

Written by Zenzero on 11.01.2011 at 00:01

but I think that don't exist anymore many original bands now!! In each genre....

And especially in Powermetal. Imo, you can still find good and reasonably original stuff in other genres if you check them thoroughly. But not in Powermetal.
Modern day Powermetal is ultra generic and totally unoriginal.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
12.01.2011 - 15:01
Zenzero
Zenzero
Quote:
[I liked the 1st and the 3rd most].

Me too!!
13.01.2011 - 00:09
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 12.01.2011 at 13:49

Written by Zenzero on 11.01.2011 at 00:01

but I think that don't exist anymore many original bands now!! In each genre....

And especially in Powermetal. Imo, you can still find good and reasonably original stuff in other genres if you check them thoroughly. But not in Powermetal.
Modern day Powermetal is ultra generic and totally unoriginal.

How far does 'modern day' extend? Would you not say that Wintersum is an original album ?
01.03.2013 - 16:16
power1

I really like them!!!

They have made a trilogy, I really like the third album, it was the first I've listened to.
The songs I prefer are Divine Embrace and The Prophecy.

Can't wait for the new release!
Here's the teaser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCqZUDOlB4

What do you think?

And this is the cover