Metal Storm logo
Vital Remains - Announces Album Title And Track Listing

Extreme metallers Vital Remains have returned with a vicious new slab of blasphemy that promises to strike fear in the heart of the masses. The much-anticipated new album, "Icons Of Evil", was produced by the renowned Erik Rutan (Cannibal Corpse, Goatwhore) and is set for an April 3 release. This offering marks the group's second recording with Glen Benton (Deicide) on vocals. Founder Tony Lazaro (guitars) wrote the entire album and handled bass duties for its recording, while Dave Suzuki once again tracked all the drums and lead guitar parts.

"Icons of Evil" track listing:

01. Where Is Your God Now
02. Icons of Evil
03. Scorned
04. Born To Rape The World
05. Reborn?The Upheaval of Nihility
06. Hammer Down The Nails
07. Shrapnel Embedded Flesh
08. 'Til Death
09. In Infamy
10. Disciples of Hell

Lazaro further describes the new effort: "A big thanks to Erik Rutan, who really worked us to near death in order to get us to deliver our best performances, which we think we did, without a doubt! We thought 'Dechristianize' was a tough album to record, but this effort proved us wrong. This album, hands down, sets the bar for death metal. We think our fans will soon agree without question that this is our 'Reign In Blood'."

Drawing from classic '80s metal bands such as Venom, Bathory, Mercyful Fate, Morbid Angel, Deicide and Slayer, Vital Remains based their survival through a DIY underground approach that earned them a rabid legion of fans. However, after four full-length releases the group's biggest break would come in 2003 as they signed to Century Media and released the genre-defying epic "Dechristianize". It was hailed by critics and fans alike as one of extreme metal's most accomplished and ambitious works yet that ever garnered mainstream acclaim. The album quickly elevated the band into the death metal elite and was supported by four full U.S. tours, further solidifying their status as one of the genre's hardest-working acts.

Vital Remains continues to bring to the table nothing less than barbaric war metal the way it was meant to be: fast, brutal and tasteful. The world of extreme metal is not ready for the savageness that is about to be unleashed upon it.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Vital Remains
Posted: 16.02.2007 by pyroleprechaun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 5 users
16.02.2007 - 19:44
Bas
Retired Staff
i am ready though, hehe
dechristianize is great, i cant wait to hear this new one
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.02.2007 - 00:29
Winter Death
Account deleted
They talk a big game.
17.02.2007 - 03:02
Daru Jericho

Oh, this should be good.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

17.02.2007 - 03:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I can't imagine them topping Dechristianize.
17.02.2007 - 05:32
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I can't wait to get this release. I'm anxious to see if it will be their "Reign In Blood"
17.02.2007 - 07:53
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I don't think it'll be as good as "Dechristianize", methinks they make it to be too good of a deal this time...
18.02.2007 - 00:45
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
With all their hyper talk that it'll out do Dechristianize efforts its really getting me excited. Now, for the released date...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
19.02.2007 - 14:47
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Can't wait to hear the new album!
Hope in another masterpiece as Dechristianize
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
09.03.2007 - 04:48
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Hope it will be as great as 'dechristianize'!
----
that which shines without names and forms...
09.03.2007 - 04:59
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I cannot wait to be a complete cheapskate and download this release! I just hope that it will be as good as "Dechristianize".
09.03.2007 - 13:51
Endoftherainbow

Well judging by the new song they released on their myspace the new album is way better then Dechristianize I don't even know how they accomplished such a task but they did it.

Hits total: 2431 | This month: 4