Metal Storm logo
Correlation Between Quality Artwork and Quality Music

Original post

Posted by Alex F, 15.01.2015 - 21:41
This is a topic I have noticed come up quite a bit within my personal circle of discussion topics, and I'm quite curious if there is a general consensus on the topic. I have personally noticed a trend that quality music will typically have (at least somewhat) quality artwork to accompany. Now, the most obvious reasoning for this would be that the musicians simply care about their music so they care about every aspect that goes into it. However, an issue arises with this that the implication is made that music with less than gorgeous artwork is the result of less motivated musicians. Obviously this is all highly subjective, but I'm still interested to hear what the public has to say about the observation.
25.01.2015 - 04:53
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Great artwork can either entice you to check out the great music contained within, or trick you into thinking you're going to listen to good music, but instead you get music that's not so good. I don't think it really matters what the art looks like though. It can set a good or bad first impression (whether it's a Renaissance painting or a bathroom wall covered in graffiti and piss), but it's the music in the long run that's important obviously.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).