Metal Storm logo
Carach Angren - Share New Track

Carach Angren have unveiled another new song from their forthcoming fourth opus This Is No Fairytale. This time around, they chose to showcase their new dark tale "Killed And Served By The Devil". You can be the judge of the song after you listen to it below.

The band comments: "We are very proud to reveal the seventh track of our upcoming album This Is No Fairytale, which will be released within a month! This song will give you more clues about the development of the story without giving away the plot in its entire form. Enjoy our next installment of horror called 'Killed and Served by the Devil' and let us know, if you liked the meat!"

Tracklist:
01. Once Upon A Time...
02. There's No Place Like Home (still streaming here)
03. When Crows Tick On Windows
04. Two Flies Flew Into A Black Sugar Cobweb
05. Dreaming Of A Nightmare In Eden
06. Possessed By A Craft Of Witchery
07. Killed And Served By The Devil
08. The Witch Perished In Flames
09. Tragedy Ever After

The album was recorded by Patrick Damiani and Carach Angren in June 2014. It was mixed by Peter Tägtgren and mastered by Jonas Kjellgren. The release date has been set for the 23rd of February 2015 (one day later in North America) on Season Of Mist.

Carach Angren have also been confirmed for Kings Of Black Metal in Alsfeld, Germany on the 25th of April. The following bands are confirmed so far: Watain, Craft, Bølzer, Acherontas, Hetroertzen, Temple Of Baal, Fides Inversa, Deathrow and Vanhelga.

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Carach Angren
Posted: 17.01.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 89 users
17.01.2015 - 15:22
garmling
Account deleted
For some reason I always check their songs, and I always end up disappointed... All their songs are interesting with few very good parts, but there's always something missing and they all sound kind of disjointed if you know what I mean... imo it is always average at best...
But this song is very nice, not groundbreaking, but definitely tasty! It is little less complicated and the overall atmosphere of the song is lovely I didn't liked the first song they released of this album, so my expectations are still not optimistic... I am huge fan of Symphonic BM, but since the split of Anorexia Nervosa, I cannot recall any groundbreaking album in this genre... sigh...
17.01.2015 - 17:41
s_t_s

Written by Guest on 17.01.2015 at 15:22

For some reason I always check their songs, and I always end up disappointed... All their songs are interesting with few very good parts, but there's always something missing and they all sound kind of disjointed if you know what I mean... imo it is always average at best...
But this song is very nice, not groundbreaking, but definitely tasty! It is little less complicated and the overall atmosphere of the song is lovely I didn't liked the first song they released of this album, so my expectations are still not optimistic... I am huge fan of Symphonic BM, but since the split of Anorexia Nervosa, I cannot recall any groundbreaking album in this genre... sigh...

I mostly agree with what you wrote : I gave Carach Angren a try a few times before and even tho I enjoyed some parts, the overall thing left me still hungry for something else. But unlike you I don't really spot any difference or improvement here... So, don't know, maybe I mistook them for Dimmu Borgir or something ?
17.01.2015 - 18:13
Electes

It always seemed as though they weren't very good live, but I saw them last summer and they sound far better live than in the studio. You feel the atmosphere and intensity more, I think.
17.01.2015 - 21:38
Malignar

I can't figure out if I just don't like them or melodic synth based black metal anymore. I think I may have liked this 15 years ago. Possibly too much start and stop to their music. And they don't really play riffs, too much synth etc. I like the blast beats, not sure what's missing.
17.01.2015 - 21:42
Gothmog_Motsham

I like this song but they still need to work on the guitar department...They need to fill it up with more riffs and more melodies.
18.01.2015 - 00:21
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor

It probly seems dijointed because each song is part of a a continuing story on a concept album, so singles are always taken out of context. I'd recommend listening to Lammendem from start to finish before writing them off, my favorite Sympho BM album by far.

Carach's singles never do anything for me so I'm waiting for the full album to make my opinion, though they have seemed to getting slightly worse with every album since Lammendem, I've probly replayed Where the Corpses Sink half as many times as either Lammendem or Death Came Through and the them of this album comes off ultra cheesy even compared to past work.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
18.01.2015 - 12:01
garmling
Account deleted
Written by AngelofDeth on 18.01.2015 at 00:21

It probly seems dijointed because each song is part of a a continuing story on a concept album, so singles are always taken out of context. I'd recommend listening to Lammendem from start to finish before writing them off, my favorite Sympho BM album by far.

Carach's singles never do anything for me so I'm waiting for the full album to make my opinion, though they have seemed to getting slightly worse with every album since Lammendem, I've probly replayed Where the Corpses Sink half as many times as either Lammendem or Death Came Through and the them of this album comes off ultra cheesy even compared to past work.

Lammendanum is the only album of theirs I have...it is ok, definitely the best thing they've ever made, but there's still something lacking IMO...guitars are weak and like I said, it all somehow sound disjointed... Well the tastes differ... My absolute favorites in this genre are Anorexia Nervosa's "New Obscurantis Order" and "Redemption Process"...
19.01.2015 - 02:01
khold

Great song of epic/synphonic black metal with interesting arrangements

Hits total: 2829 | This month: 4