Release date: 31 January 2015
Style: Blackened hardcore, Sludge metal

Owners:

2 have it

01. Thus I Saw The Destructive Voracity Of An Obsessive Ritual
02. Shrim Alternative Healing Center
03. Salmonella

Additional info
Recorded and mixed by Mathieu "Mouffi" Croux.
Mastered by Collin Jordan at The Boiler Room in Chicago.

Guest review by
Alex F
Rating:
Mudbath are in no rush to grab your attention. The album opens with a slowly growing ambiance of feedbacking chords and pulsating bass, until finally breaking tension with a low tempo introduction. Immediately apparent is that the band has no desire to reinvent the wheel. Conjuring up similarities between countless doom-driven sludge bands, and having a self-proclaimed influence from Bongripper, this act's sound can easily be classified as familiar. I am hesitant to call Mudbath uninspired however, as these musicians have clearly put care and attention to detail in their work.

Read more ››
published 28.04.2015 | Comments (0)

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 41 users
22.01.2015 - 04:32
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Ooh I didn't see that Che had added them. I've still only listened to this once, but it was really nice. Gonna play it again to try to garner a more rigid opinion
Edit: Well it's fucking awesome. That's my opinion after a second go.
22.01.2015 - 17:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 22.01.2015 at 04:32

Ooh I didn't see that Che had added them. I've still only listened to this once, but it was really nice. Gonna play it again to try to garner a more rigid opinion
Edit: Well it's fucking awesome. That's my opinion after a second go.

I went the other way. I thought it was initially pretty decent, but further listens made me realise that this is going to be easily overshadowed by other similar things this year and become third tier blackened sludge. If it had more tracks like 'Shrim Alternative Healing Center' I'd probably still have it on my list, but the other tracks are kind of overlong, wandery and a bit boring.
24.01.2015 - 00:23
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 22.01.2015 at 17:50

I thought it was initially pretty decent, but further listens made me realise that this is going to be easily overshadowed by other similar things this year and become third tier blackened sludge

I guess time will tell, but most of the powerhouse blackened sludge bands (Coffinworm, Lord Mantis, Indian) put out stuff last year, so I don't see many doing so this year. Unless there are some albums planned that I'm unaware of? It is about time for a new Dragged Into Sunlight, now that I think of it.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
24.01.2015 - 00:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 24.01.2015 at 00:23

I guess time will tell, but most of the powerhouse blackened sludge bands (Coffinworm, Lord Mantis, Indian) put out stuff last year, so I don't see many doing so this year. Unless there are some albums planned that I'm unaware of? It is about time for a new Dragged Into Sunlight, now that I think of it.

Well I'm planning on unearthing some new ones it seems to be pretty big business right now so I have high hopes there'll be a few new ones popping up here and there.
24.01.2015 - 01:05
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 24.01.2015 at 00:25

Well I'm planning on unearthing some new ones it seems to be pretty big business right now so I have high hopes there'll be a few new ones popping up here and there.

Sounds like a plan. The style's really starting to diversify in sound it seems, so most likely it'll be some more noobs on the scene this year. Also hoping The Body put something out other than their new Thou collab.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 1541 | This month: 2