Metal Storm logo
Morgoth - Share New Album Artwork

Death metallers Morgoth have revealed the cover artwork for their upcoming comeback album Ungod. The opus will be released on March 30th, 2015 in Europe and April 7th in North America by Century Media Records and boasts cover art by the always busy Greek cover designer Seth Siro Anton (Paradise Lost, Soilwork, Moonspell, etc.). Take a look at the artwork here. What do you think about it?

Seth Siro Anton commented: "When you have the mission to visualize a legendary band like Morgoth, you must seek ancient traditions to properly transmit classic darkness!"

Morgoth added: "We are very happy to have worked with Seth for the cover artwork of the album. We knew it wouldn't be very easy to put the title Ungod into a design that is vivid, brutal and aesthetic at the same time. We had received a couple of good different suggestions for the artwork, but Seth's simply was the one who pictured exactly what was already in our minds. It can roughly be described as God drowning in the void, killing its own creation and becoming the 'Ungod' - The dawn of the Antichrist."

You can still listen to the song "Black Enemy" here from the new record.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Morgoth
Posted: 30.01.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 56 users
30.01.2015 - 12:35
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Another artwork done by Seth Siro Anton... this guy has a high demand it seems. Though I have to admit that I like this one more over the one he did for the upcoming new Moonspell album.
30.01.2015 - 14:07
roeder
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 30.01.2015 at 12:35

Another artwork done by Seth Siro Anton... this guy has a high demand it seems. Though I have to admit that I like this one more over the one he did for the upcoming new Moonspell album.

I just thought the same. It is way better than his other recent covers. Then i saw the font used for the album title... Why would anyone do that? It looks horrible.
31.01.2015 - 02:34
Patrick A.
This artwork is simplily full of Life! Totally dark and vivd!
31.01.2015 - 02:39
Rapid Fire
Not bad, nothing impressive either. At least is not horrible as the one for Moonspell was.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Hits total: 2271 | This month: 6