Metal Storm logo
The Sword - Preparing To Enter The Studio

After being quiet for a while, Americans The Sword are about to enter the studio to record the follow-up to Apocryphon (2012). The stoner metallers will commence recording their fifth album, second for Razor & Tie, on March 16th in Austin, Texas. The album will be produced by Adrian Quesada and is scheduled for a late summer release with worldwide touring to follow. Good news all around!

In preparation for the recordings, the band is announcing a short run of four shows. The shows are:

March 11 - New Orleans, LA / One Eyed Jacks
March 12 - Monroe, LA / Live Oaks Bar and Ballroom
March 13 - Memphis, TN / 1884 Lounge
March 14 - Oklahoma City, OK / ACM Performance Lab

Source: razorandtie.com
Band profile: The Sword
Posted: 02.02.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 32 users
02.02.2015 - 22:13
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Oh yeah!
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
02.02.2015 - 23:19
Ocean Sage
FUCK YEAH!
04.02.2015 - 09:39
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Ocean Sage on 02.02.2015 at 23:19

FUCK YEAH!

I tried to get into this band but I was really disappointed in the production on the album I bought. The cymbals were so bright and the vox sounded so weak. Then I watched some youtube clips of them live and I was even more unimpressed. The lack of energy in particular and the vox were bad bad bad... it just seems another bizarre situation for me because I love the genre but this band just sucks imo and eveyone else likes them. Did I miss an epic album that everyone has that I dont know about?
04.02.2015 - 10:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Stoked.

Listened "Warp Riders" in '11 and was instant hit to me. Great album. I don't know why people did not have fun with such a strong release but what baffles me is their 2012 "Apocryphon"(which was somewhat run on the same track as Warp Riders did) and listeners appreciate it.

I really didn't enjoy Apocryphon as it was somewhat scanned CD of Warp Riders with little bit improvement on production.
05.02.2015 - 00:52
Ocean Sage
Written by Guest on 04.02.2015 at 09:39

Written by Ocean Sage on 02.02.2015 at 23:19

FUCK YEAH!

I tried to get into this band but I was really disappointed in the production on the album I bought. The cymbals were so bright and the vox sounded so weak. Then I watched some youtube clips of them live and I was even more unimpressed. The lack of energy in particular and the vox were bad bad bad... it just seems another bizarre situation for me because I love the genre but this band just sucks imo and eveyone else likes them. Did I miss an epic album that everyone has that I dont know about?

Maybe they just aren't for you, but I remember back as a freshman in high school my friends and I all heard the songs "Winter's Wolves" and "Frost-Giant's Daughter." Heavy stoner rock/metal. Go listen to Gods of the Earth for basically the best stoner thrash metal album out there or Age of Winters for their earlier doom stuff. I could never hate them after Gods of the Earth, so maybe start there. Warp Riders was really solid and Apocryphon is more psychedelic, so maybe those aren't to your liking. Honestly they went from doom metal, to stoner rock, to more psych/stoner rock stuff now and they did lose a lot of fans along the way so it is not just you. I like how they keep trying new stuff, but their sound changed with their drummer Trivett WIngo leaving. He hit hard and they have lost some of that power from those two first albums, but they still have plenty of potential to me.

Hits total: 1447 | This month: 6