Metal Storm logo
Ozzy Osbourne

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 21.05.2006 - 16:55
Here is an open discussion thread for one of the true legends of metal....Ozzy Osbourne. If you don't know who he is, something is wrong. Especially since he is currently enjoying great fame due to the success of his MTV shows "The Osbournes" and "Battle for Ozzfest". Some may say he has sold out, but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy his contributions to metal.

Over the years, Ozzy has had some great guitar players under his belt. Players such as Randy Rhoads, who died tragically in a plane crash on March 19, 1982. He also had Jake E. Lee and his current player, Zakk Wylde...also of Black Label Society fame.

Feel free to share your thoughts on Ozzy, good or bad, just be sure to stay on topic and no spamming.
23.05.2007 - 15:47
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i just heard last album of Ozzy and i had admit i liked it it's very good at first hearing and it's way better then last one
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
25.05.2007 - 16:50
Lord TJ
Thats good, I only have a few of his old albums. I heard some of his new stuff on the radio last year and I didnt like it, it was kinda boring. Ill have to check this album out!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
26.05.2007 - 19:42
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Haven't heard anything from the new album yet, but my girlfriend have and she says it rocks!
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
31.05.2007 - 10:44
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Have now heard the new album...it's was really good! Way better than I thought it would be. It's recommendable(if that's a word?)
----

01.06.2007 - 01:21
Haven't heard the new stuff, but in my opinion his best years were with Black Sabbath. Saw their concert at the Roskilde festival in '05 and it was absoulutely astonishing to see the old man in action! Still, I do have a couple of his solo albums, and there are some legendary stuff on them, no doubt.
----
Hell ain't a bad place...
01.06.2007 - 10:09
GT
Coffee!!
staff
@SirIronMaidenKim: oh yeah that was a killer show
----

02.06.2007 - 16:32
Tarzan
Account deleted
When you grow up with albums like No Rest For The Wicked,No More Tears etc. you'll find the new album along with the previous-a bunch of crap.
Last worth album for me was Ozzmozis,everything from then till now is just a pale shadow of what Ozzy was. He's totaly under Sharon's control now and you can see what he become. The madman is not so mad these days
Vocals on almoust whole album are made trough processor,songs are sleazy and the only bright spot for me is Zakk. He's gone mad completly He's out of his mind when he grabs guitar in his hands.
Anyway,the album is worth of having for the respect of what great man Ozzy once was.
03.06.2007 - 02:55
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I've been an Ozzy fan for a long time, although he ain't such a great singer, but the way he makes his music & the band he has always had around him sure do compensate for that (he is quite unique i'll give you that). Now about the new album I ordered it some days ago so I took the chance & listened to it in mp3 format. My first opinion is that it fuckin' rules! Some of you might agree, some might not, but I see this as one of the best albums this year (along side with WASP, Machine Head, Candlemass, Eldritch still waiting for some albums like Agent Steel for example). Ok the album has 2 ballads, the tempo is a little slow & i must agree the voice goes along with the instru"mental" part, but it does a good job, catchy riffs, great solos and in my oppinion on the stoner side, but hell it's a great, inspired album.

Although I said I am fan of Ozzy, I ain't that keen on his works, but this one blew me all the way.
03.06.2007 - 08:48
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I also own the album and while it is not a ground breaking piece of material, I think it is a solid piece of work. Even though it is a little bit Zakk heavy I still think it displays everyone's talent very well, and even though it might be altered, Ozzy's voice is still pretty solid. Anyway, I've only listened to it about three or four times but I enjoy what I have heard so far.
----
The force will be with you, always.
07.06.2007 - 19:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
A fan-filmed video of Ozzy Osbourne performing the song "Mr. Crowley" at the Hartwall Areena in Helsinki the 6.6.2007 has been posted at YouTube here
11.06.2007 - 12:12
diJana
Account deleted
I was at Ozzy's concert this month. That was awesome! I thought it would be great but I didn't expect so much as I saw. although he is almost 60years old, but he have many force.
11.06.2007 - 12:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 11.06.2007 at 12:12

I was at Ozzy's concert this month. That was awesome! I thought it would be great but I didn't expect so much as I saw. although he is almost 60years old, but he have many force.

I was there 2 and it was awsome realy awsome he ha sfull whit energy and fun, but BLS wa slil better quality band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.06.2007 - 12:51
diJana
Account deleted
BLS...I think they were quite good. really, i don't listen to their music a lot but they could play song "In this river" at concert.
And Zakk...like my friend said...he was like a whale. he always spitted to letf, to right, to top... it wasn't very nice to watch.
11.06.2007 - 13:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 11.06.2007 at 12:51

BLS...I think they were quite good. really, i don't listen to their music a lot but they could play song "In this river" at concert.
And Zakk...like my friend said...he was like a whale. he always spitted to letf, to right, to top... it wasn't very nice to watch.

Thay can play something from new album and lil more talk like 'hey mothrfuckers we re BLS' or something like this
----

apos;'
[image]
17.06.2007 - 22:14
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
A recent Ozzy Osbourne interview on Japanese TV has been posted on YouTube here part1, here part2 and here part3. Enjoy.
19.06.2007 - 10:51
Mindheist
No Longer Human
The first time you hear "Black Rain", you notice a few subtleties that may disappoint you, but nothing that truly grabs your intention until two or three more listens. Black Rain is a new sound, a newborn, a new monster that owns what the previous album lack. If you are prowling around the heavy metal territory, I recommend you "Black Rain". Otherwise, if you are an extreme metalhead don't waste your time and money, because it won't please you, unless you are a die-hard fan of Ozzy or an open-minded one.
19.06.2007 - 12:03
madgarry
Account deleted
Black rains pretty good as it goes, yes Ozzys voice seems over produced(Pro tools does that) but it still rocks and is a better album due to the guitar heroics of Zakk
19.06.2007 - 13:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well I think in last 2 albums Zakk wrote music not Ozzy anymore I woundering if he still write lyrics, somehow Ozzy are lile liek BLS whit diferent vocalist
----

apos;'
[image]
22.06.2007 - 15:41
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Fan-filmed video footage of Ozzy Osbourne's performance on the track "Bark at the Moon" at the Wembley Arena in London has been posted at YouTube at this location.

Edit (28.06.2007):
Another video footage of Ozzy Osbourne's performance at the Fields of Rock festival has been posted at YouTube here.
29.06.2007 - 04:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2007 at 13:15

Well I think in last 2 albums Zakk wrote music not Ozzy anymore I woundering if he still write lyrics, somehow Ozzy are lile liek BLS whit diferent vocalist

I dont think much of Ozzys stuff is actually written by Ozzy, I know Lemmy wrote/co-wrote alot of Ozzys material, hes said hes made more money off the royalties for 'Mama Im Comin Home' than he has with his entire career with Motorhead.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.07.2007 - 20:14
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Video footage of Ozzy Osbourne's concert at the Sazka Arena in Prague has been posted at YouTube for the three following songs: 'Mr. Crowley', 'War Pigs' and 'Paranoid'.
01.07.2007 - 20:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 01.07.2007 at 20:14

Video footage of Ozzy Osbourne's concert at the Sazka Arena in Prague has been posted at YouTube for the three following songs: 'Mr. Crowley', 'War Pigs' and 'Paranoid'.

Maybe you can find something of him live in Rīga
----

apos;'
[image]
08.07.2007 - 21:43
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Ozzy Osbourne became the first artist to be honored on Birmingham.A nine-minute fan-filmed video clip shot at the induction has been posted at YouTube. Watch an Express & Star video report on the ceremony at this location. More video footage and photos are available at this location.
08.08.2007 - 11:56
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
My Damn Channel has posted an interview with Ozzy Osbourne in which he talks about his early days with Black Sabbath, the songwriting process and his latest solo album, "Black Rain". You can find the interview in four parts here (in the bottom left ozzy segment 1,2,3 and 4).
24.09.2007 - 19:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 08.08.2007 at 11:56

My Damn Channel has posted an interview with Ozzy Osbourne in which he talks about his early days with Black Sabbath, the songwriting process and his latest solo album, "Black Rain". You can find the interview in four parts here (in the bottom left ozzy segment 1,2,3 and 4).

You remeber whatw a sname of Ozzy video where he goes in building and opening doors and there was litle girls he wear black big cout can not remember that name
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2007 - 08:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Bad English on 24.09.2007 at 19:27

I think your thinking of 'Get Me Through'
You remeber whatw a sname of Ozzy video where he goes in building and opening doors and there was litle girls he wear black big cout can not remember that name
----
- George Carlin
25.09.2007 - 09:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 25.09.2007 at 08:13

nop I ffind it it was Perry messon
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2007 - 09:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Bad English on 25.09.2007 at 09:56

Written by Doc G. on 25.09.2007 at 08:13

Oh, well in 'Get Me Through' hes walking through a building in a big black coat opening doors and there some girls...not little girls. Maybe theres a formula for Ozzy vids?
----
- George Carlin
25.09.2007 - 10:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 25.09.2007 at 09:58

Oh, well in 'Get Me Through' hes walking through a building in a big black coat opening doors and there some girls...not little girls. Maybe theres a formula for Ozzy vids?

I was searching Perry Messon video
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2007 - 10:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Bad English on 25.09.2007 at 10:04

Written by Doc G. on 25.09.2007 at 09:58

I was searching Perry Messon video

Im aware, I was just pointing out the similarities in the videos....
----
- George Carlin