Metal Storm logo
Katatonia - To Release Concert Film 'Sanctitude'

Swedish masters Katatonia have announced a new concert film called Sanctitude, to be released on the 30th of March in the UK and rest of the world, 31st of March in the USA and Canada, and 3rd of April in Germany via Kscope. All audio on Sanctitude has been mixed and mastered by Bruce Soord with artwork once more supplied by long-time visual collaborator Travis Smith. You can watch the trailer below to whet your appetite and get all the details about this release.

Katatonia took Dethroned & Uncrowned on the road in Europe for the first time in May 2014 under the moniker Unplugged & Reworked. They presented an intimate acoustic evening, performing tracks from the album alongside atmospheric classics from their entire career, stripped and reworked. Each venue, on the tour, was carefully chosen for its unique atmosphere. They were joined on guitar and vocals by The Pineapple Thief frontman and songwriter Bruce Soord.

Sanctitude is a concert film filmed and recorded in the stunning candle-lit setting of London's Union Chapel. The 80-minute set features 17 songs across the albums The Great Cold Distance, Viva Emptiness, Brave Murder Day, Last Fair Deal Gone Down and of course, Dead End Kings / Dethroned & Uncrowned, including fan favourite "Teargas". The show closes with "The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here" and a special guest appearance by Norwegian vocalist Silje Wergeland of Dutch band The Gathering.

Disc 1:
01. In The White
02. Ambitions
03. Teargas
04. Gone
05. A Darkness Coming
06. One Year From Now
07. The Racing Heart
08. Tonight's Music
09. Sleeper
10. Undo You
11. Lethean
12. Day
13. Idle Blood
14. Unfurl
15. Omerta
16. Evidence
17. The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here

Disc 2:
  • Concert Film (80 minutes)
  • Documentary "Beyond The Chapel" (66 minutes)

Pre-orders are available here.

Sanctitude will be released in 4 formats:

• Blu-ray in 5.1 surround sound / 2.0 stereo plus Beyond The Chapel documentary including brand new interviews with Anders Nyström & Jonas Renkse. Also includes download code for digital audio version.
  • CD / DVD package - audio and visual set including Beyond The Chapel documentary.
  • Double LP (incl. download code for digital audio version).
  • Digital download (audio).

Source: katatonia.com
    Band profile: Katatonia
  • Posted: 07.02.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 5   Visited by: 86 users
    07.02.2015 - 19:22
    ♱ RaVeN ♱

Some of the old songs like day, teargas sound really good. I'm impressed by the artworks as well. But why is
    Jonas holding an electric guitar in his hand and not playing it?
    07.02.2015 - 20:27
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    ..satanisjm is just pose, nothing more it is , because song ''Without God'' wont fit in that church... andother proof that band did not panic and all its just lyrics, music, nothing more
    ----
    Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    07.02.2015 - 20:50
    Paz

Written by ♱ RaVeN ♱ on 07.02.2015 at 19:22

But why is Jonas holding an electric guitar in his hand and not playing it?

To look sexier?
    08.02.2015 - 12:19
    God Alone

Guys, I utterly love you and you're my favourite rock/metal band, but this is the fifth "secondary" release in a row. Maybe it's time to start working on a new album...?
    08.02.2015 - 17:46
    Opethian

Written by God Alone on 08.02.2015 at 12:19

Guys, I utterly love you and you're my favourite rock/metal band, but this is the fifth "secondary" release in a row. Maybe it's time to start working on a new album...?

THANK YOU! Glad someone else took notice

Hits total: 2238 | This month: 5