Metal Storm logo
Bell Witch - Reveal New Album Cover Art

As you might know, funeral doom metal duo Bell Witch is releasing a new album this upcoming April via Profound Lore Records. The successor to their debut Longing will be called Four Phantoms and the cover art that will grace it has just been revealed. The artwork was painted by Paolo Girardi and, according to the label, reflects the vibe and feeling of the album: mournful devastating soul crushing beauty. See it for yourself below.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Bell Witch
Posted: 09.02.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 48 users
09.02.2015 - 16:38
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Same artist? Looks awfully familiar

----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
09.02.2015 - 16:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 09.02.2015 at 16:38

Same artist? Looks awfully familiar

The guy has done lots of band artwork, and frankly they all look pretty similar. Lycus, Manilla Road, Inquisition, Artificial Brain, Truppensturm etc.
09.02.2015 - 16:59
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 09.02.2015 at 16:41

The guy has done lots of band artwork, and frankly they all look pretty similar.

Going from your convo in the SB, I'd take it that you mean that as a bad thing. Skimming through some of his work now and I'd suppose you're right, but all artists I think shouldn't have too much of a diversity between their pieces, otherwise they could easily lose a sense of a core delivery that maintains their own identity. Is this guy relatively new on the scene? Because if that's the case I guess this sense of too much similarity could be forgivable, all art needs time to refine itself after all.

*Agree with you that a greater variety of color use from him would help a lot though.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
09.02.2015 - 17:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 09.02.2015 at 16:59

Going from your convo in the SB, I'd take it that you mean that as a bad thing. Skimming through some of his work now and I'd suppose you're right, but all artists I think shouldn't have too much of a diversity between their pieces, otherwise they could easily lose a sense of a core delivery that maintains their own identity. Is this guy relatively new on the scene? Because if that's the case I guess this sense of too much similarity could be forgivable, all art needs time to refine itself after all.

*Agree with you that a greater variety of color use from him would help a lot though.

I really like quite a few of his artworks, but a good 50% of them seem to be mountainous landscapes littered with skulls. Compare this one to say, this and I know which one I'm going to remember more. Using the same colours is pretty risky if you ask me as it's important to establish mood and such. As it stands a lot of his stuff doesn't really do much for me as a result.
09.02.2015 - 17:53
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 09.02.2015 at 17:02

I really like quite a few of his artworks, but a good 50% of them seem to be mountainous landscapes littered with skulls. Compare this one to say, this and I know which one I'm going to remember more.

Yeah, I see what you mean. And even though that one is different in terms of what he's drawing, it still does use a lot of the same shades and hues.
----

~ II. VII
09.02.2015 - 17:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 09.02.2015 at 17:53

Yeah, I see what you mean. And even though that one is different in terms of what he's drawing, it still does use a lot of the same shades and hues.

Either way, he's still vastly better than the majority of what gets put on cover arts these days.

Hits total: 1781 | This month: 6