Metal Storm logo
Dota 2

09.02.2015 - 18:38
InnerSelf
proofread free
I've been playing DotA since the WC3 days, always loved the game but was never good at it, a year ago or so I started playing DotA 2 and I have to admit I'm a bit of an addict, it was always a nice place to escape to (unless I'm matched with trolls or flamers).

Any DotA players here ? What are your thoughts about the game ? And if you're not, what do you think about MOBAs in general ?
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
20.06.2015 - 22:06
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Feeder reporting, didn't see this thread until now.

Honestly the first time I played Dota 2 didn't grab my attention at all, that changed when I won my first matchmaking game. Since then I didn't stop.
The game is totally challenging, it really was hard for me to learn all skills and heroes. I'm better supporting. Now that I'm on vacations I'm playing the game almost all the time.

And about the MOBAs in general, I only play DOTA 2 and Heroes Of The Storm from Blizzard. That's all, this kind of games can be pretty boring if the mechanics are not good enough.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
14.10.2015 - 08:47
InnerSelf
proofread free
Aleppo has been without proper internet since March now ... A 3g connection is bad and costs shitloads so it's not ideal for online gaming. The first couple of months without DotA were extremely hard (to the point were me and my friends started playing DotA WC3) until some genius figured out a way to play a LAN version of DotA2 offline and we started having stacks of 5s and playing almost every day. The LAN experience was overwhelming since we had to play against players with MUCH higher MMRs (fed a lot, learned a lot ).
Still, I can't wait to have a proper internet so I can return to playing online (and raising my MMR hopefully).
----
is not bold enough
24.03.2016 - 06:18
Sang Dalang Abu
I'm dota player.

Dota teach you how to communicate whit team, and teach to polite when talking whit other users. Or you are getting reported.

At last 'Ward': vision is life saver.
08.07.2016 - 18:20
Joppe
Steelemeister
Maybe I should write some thoughts here since I played Warcraft 3 dota in different platforms at earliest in 2006 and dota 2 since closed beta. I always thought that Battle.net (in wc3) and matchmaking (in dota2) are by far THE WORST platforms to play the game. And why is that? Mainly because all kinds of abuse that goes pretty much always unpunished. Lately playing hasn't felt like worth it, because the games can get fucked so easily by flamers and these people who decide to stop playing/trying because something in the didn't go like they wanted. Pretty much the best online game ever turned to be probably the biggest waste of the time when one of these games happens... And I think it's all because there are no punishments or consequences for people who do this kinda of shit. And yeah I'm talking about ranked match making.

Back in the day the communities were about playing together, having relaxed games with no flaming/insults/blaming, teamplay and in overall positive attitude towards the game and everybody in it. Nowadays I don't see communities existing and the game seems to be very egoistic; people seem to only care about their own success in the particular game and don't pay much importance in team's possibilities of winning. And the communication is often nonexistent and negative in it's manner, I mean it's a teamplay oriented game, but people seem to have an attitude of playing 1 versus 9. Tbh it's really sad to see this kind of "evolution" in a game which once was probably the best way to spend time gaming online.

I'm going to try playing with a different account to get a second experience and hopEfully to have a more positive opinion about the game.
----
My vision is augmented
20.10.2023 - 17:19
k@$$3m
Written by InnerSelf on 09.02.2015 at 18:38

I've been playing DotA since the WC3 days, always loved the game but was never good at it, a year ago or so I started playing DotA 2 and I have to admit I'm a bit of an addict, it was always a nice place to escape to (unless I'm matched with trolls or flamers).

Any DotA players here ? What are your thoughts about the game ? And if you're not, what do you think about MOBAs in general ?

I played Dota locally in Internet Cafes back in 2011, I have paused it the last 10 years, and just got back to it a week ago, and honestly I'm even more addicted now.

You still playing? let's team up, my old friend
----
aka JD
Metalstorm member since 2008
24.10.2023 - 15:33
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by k@$$3m on 20.10.2023 at 17:19

Written by InnerSelf on 09.02.2015 at 18:38

I played Dota locally in Internet Cafes back in 2011, I have paused it the last 10 years, and just got back to it a week ago, and honestly I'm even more addicted now.

You still playing? let's team up, my old friend

Sent you my steam id!
----
is not bold enough