Metal Storm logo
Mastodon - Guitarist Brent Hinds Kicked Out Of Grammys

Mastodon was nominated for the Grammy Awards, which took place on the 8th of February, for the category of "Best Metal Performance". They didn't win anything, Tenacious D won, but they did get some attention: Brann Dailor with his very recognizable attire, and Brent Hinds for his behavior. According to Benjamin Weinman, known from being the lead guitarist in The Dillinger Escape Plan and working with Brent Hinds in Giraffe Tongue Orchestra, he reportedly got "kicked out of the awards show cause he pored his bag all over the floor and undies and money and weed spilled everywhere and he wouldn't pick it up. "Sir you have to leave." "Why" "because you don't know how to behave!"

Here is their interview from the red carpet just for fun:

Source: instagram.com
Band profile: Mastodon
Posted: 10.02.2015 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 303 users
10.02.2015 - 21:15
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
Admin
You can see the gears grinding away inside the interviewers' minds: "Who the hell are these people and what are they doing at the Grammys?"
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
10.02.2015 - 21:16
roeder
This guy should win the award for trolling of the year
10.02.2015 - 22:01
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I can't help it but I am imagine Brent is singing "I'm a man and that's who I am, and I'll tell you that to your face. I'm from the clouds and I shine like the moon, and I'm here to fuck up the place" while rolling around on the floor and behaving all silly Hahahaha
10.02.2015 - 22:08
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Goddamn hippies and their fucking pots
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
10.02.2015 - 22:11
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Lol the Grammy awards are a huge fucking joke, and I'm glad that Mastodon treated them as such. I feel like getting an award there is now more of an insult than anything else, since it's all a bunch of bullshit.
----
10.02.2015 - 22:12
Andreas
Never heard a single note from these guys, but if it's as entertaining as this, I might even give it a try.
10.02.2015 - 22:25
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Andreas on 10.02.2015 at 22:12

Never heard a single note from these guys, but if it's as entertaining as this, I might even give it a try.

Do it, it will be worth it, really good music! And if you want a laugh, watch a making of video or something by them, or interviews, geniuses!
10.02.2015 - 23:00
Zap
Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 10.02.2015 at 21:15

You can see the gears grinding away inside the interviewers' minds: "Who the hell are these people and what are they doing at the Grammys?"

And Brann and Brent thinking: "why the hell did we get invited here?"
10.02.2015 - 23:08
Lit.
Account deleted
Nice to know this exactly two days after said event.
10.02.2015 - 23:46
JayMo4
Clearly Tenacious D is the best metal band in the world right now. The Grammys have nailed it once again!
10.02.2015 - 23:50
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Fuck yeah! Hinds! Shit all over that nonsense! Light up a spliff and blow the smoke into Kanye's face.
11.02.2015 - 03:22
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I notice Aphex Twin won, but hasn't acknowledged anything anywhere. I don't think he gives a shit.
If Kanye West really disagrees with their opinion, he will hopefully just ignore any future award shows and we can all stop hearing about them. They maintain relevance through controversy, those who seek validation through their golden statues continue to revert the spotlight back on them.
Also, Brent needs to stop smoking crack.
11.02.2015 - 05:44
khold
People with that kind of attitude should not be nominated ever
11.02.2015 - 07:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I'm actually pretty glad that someone is treating that awards show like the joke that it is.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.02.2015 - 07:32
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Quote:
kicked out of the awards show cause he pored his bag all over the floor and undies and money and weed spilled everywhere and he wouldn't pick it up.

That's metal. When i saw on red carpet giving hilarious poses for photographs, i immediately googl'd their funny attire and posted here.

About Kanye West stuff, well do you guys know Beyonce secretly give him when Jay-Z tours with 'Em?! Probabaly, that's the only reason he does his gags to interrupt whenever Beyonce lost her nomination(s).
11.02.2015 - 17:56
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by roeder on 10.02.2015 at 21:16

This guy should win the award for trolling of the year

Indeed and also what Doc Godin said. That is some serious trolling.
12.02.2015 - 16:13
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I absolutely adore Brent Hinds. This only adds to my love for him

Hits total: 5345 | This month: 26