04. Fall Of Man
05. The River Flows Frozen
06. The Last One For Life
07. Sick, Dirty And Mean [Accept cover]
08. Blood Of Hatred
09. Aeon
10. As I Die [Paradise Lost cover] [Japanese bonus]
11. The River Flows Frozen [acoustic version] [Japanese bonus]

Well, I am a new fan of Eternal Sears Of Sorrow. Some months ago I listened to A Virgin And A Whore for the first time and I really liked how they have produced their music. Aside all this, they sound somewhat similar to Kalmah, although Eternal Sears Of Sorrow is slightly softer and smoother. Actually, Finnish bands are always the greatest symbols of extreme power metal.

Before this album they had released three other albums, and after each album they became stronger and fulfilled their music; perhaps this album is their highest point. On one hand there is a light point in melodies and rhythm, and on the other hand there's a wild face in the album. It's a good result at every point, the overall quality of the work is acceptable and leaves no wonder why this album got 9. Let's face it, this album is really great. Don't think I'm a crazy teen fan, this album is one of those masterpieces which has almost combined softness and wildness in it which seems to be a good idea if you really want to get something good out of it. They do the trick to make the album comfortable and joyful, and can easily get into your head. It is something special around the other extreme power albums.

The band used a unique and very interesting keyboard inside their music that gave their album a taste of power metal, and the following music has the combination of the melodic music aside that. Eternal Sears Of Sorrow's music in this album is cold, but pure and calm.

Thanks to Antti Kokko, this album includes some deep, heartfelt melodies like we usually hear from Kalmah today and when keyboard follows the notes, makes the sound twice deeper, and darker. There is a equivalence and seamless rhythm all over the album and melodies are light and smooth. Fortunately, vocals are suitable for the album with a little wildness beside some soft lyrics. There are some meaningful lyrics behind this work which defines the meaning of the title. The whole album is coordinated, and it seems this album is their best outcome and deserves appreciation.

Eternal Sears Of Sorrow in the old days was a stunning band and still it is: A Virgin And A Whore is a masterpiece. And yet, this album is one of my most favorites.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 10

Written by MetalAce | 12.02.2015

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 87 users
12.02.2015 - 12:06
Rating: 8
Risto
Wandering Midget
Sorry but I have no idea how this review was published as it is here. You misspelled the band name every single time!
12.02.2015 - 12:08
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Risto on 12.02.2015 at 12:06

Sorry but I have no idea how this review was published as it is here. You misspelled the band name every single time!

I think no one bothered to check what is written here before approving it... while it is the fault of the author for not checking it, the one that is most at fault is the one that approved it without reading it.
12.02.2015 - 13:01
Rating: 8
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Hm.. my review got proofreaded and got corrected for minor grammar errors, so it's weird that it's not been checked out on this one!

Back to the actual review: No wonder why it sounds like Kalmah sometimes, as every bandmember on this (or the majority of them at least?) has played with Kalmah The album is good! I just don't like to call it power metal.. Melodic death for me
12.02.2015 - 17:32
Rating: 9
Reaper_Redeemer

The grammar mistakes is not a problem for me and I don't believe it should be considered the main issue. The problem in my opinion is that, while you are trying to write a review, you speak about yourself, how you realize the band's work and not how anyone could realize this. This is a review not your point of view in a conversation.
28.02.2016 - 21:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Reaper_Redeemer on 12.02.2015 at 17:32

The grammar mistakes is not a problem for me and I don't believe it should be considered the main issue. The problem in my opinion is that, while you are trying to write a review, you speak about yourself, how you realize the band's work and not how anyone could realize this. This is a review not your point of view in a conversation.

If grammar issues are not problem then I will write 10 reviews per day

@author
I became fan whit this band when heard name and saw bands ing and titles, I know I will love this band even before hearing music, then it was so dark, cold, awesome, I thought all metal bands are rich and professional lyricists and so on, anyway I was not desapointed when I heard it in my early 20's ... not disappointed now after so many years
I 1th read about this band in gothmetal.net , site is deadnow
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.02.2016 - 01:26
Reaper_Redeemer

Written by Bad English on 28.02.2016 at 21:00

If grammar issues are not problem then I will write 10 reviews per day

hahahahha. Bad english for president

Hits total: 3380 | This month: 12