Metal Storm logo
Leviathan - Streaming Another New Track

How about another new track from Leviathan? It's here! The one-man black metal band led by Jef Stuart "Wrest" Whitehead is currently streaming the new song "Within Thrall" from the upcoming opus Scar Sighted, the first in four years. This is the second song unveiled from Scar Sighted after "All Tongues Toward". What did you think about this one?

The album shall be released on March 3rd on CD/digital via Profound Lore Records. Until then, enjoy the music.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leviathan
Posted: 12.02.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 80 users
12.02.2015 - 12:37
Zap
I thought the previous song released was far better.
12.02.2015 - 13:04
Ilham
Giant robot
I liked it, but that was more or less predictable of me.
12.02.2015 - 13:27
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Damn, really nice groove to this one. And I love those clean vocals in the beginning
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
12.02.2015 - 13:55
Zap
Written by Auntie Sahar on 12.02.2015 at 13:27

And I love those clean vocals in the beginning

That was indeed quite interesting. The rest of the song I thought was pretty meh though.
12.02.2015 - 14:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Zap on 12.02.2015 at 13:55

That was indeed quite interesting. The rest of the song I thought was pretty meh though.

A lot of people noted that the last track bore a lot of resemblance to Lurker Of Chalice material. This one kind of does to me as well with those cleans in the beginning, it'd be really cool if the whole album ends up shaping up like that.

*And even if it doesn't, Wrest did note in an official statement not too long ago that there would be some more "lurkings" on the way soon
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
12.02.2015 - 16:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Fairly good actually. As Che says that groove is cool and the mix and layering is really nice; I love that sneaky bass lurking in the murk. Reminds me a little of Shining (when they were good) at points too, in an odd sort of way.
12.02.2015 - 16:37
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Not very atmospheric as the other one now is it?
That's the Leviathan I remembered, I guess
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.02.2015 - 22:26
Lit.
Account deleted
Totally weak compared to the other song. Hope that's not a bad omen.
12.02.2015 - 22:44
Paz

Written by Auntie Sahar on 12.02.2015 at 13:27

I love those clean vocals in the beginning

I sing very similarly while drunk
13.02.2015 - 04:14
V01d

After hearing some of True Traitor....I'm really impressed by this.
18.02.2015 - 06:49
Deathmaster

Listened to it a couple of times already. Sounding good, pretty pumped for the new album!
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard

Hits total: 2200 | This month: 5