Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Premiere New Video

As they announced before, Nightwish are releasing their new single today from the upcoming album Endless Forms Most Beautiful. The first song you get to hear is called "Èlan" and you can watch the video for it here. It was directed by Ville Lipiäinen. After much anticipation, are you pleased with this first single and the video?

The song has surfaced online in advance of its release and Nightwish have issued a statement regarding the online leak here.

Tuomas Holopainen commented: "The long awaited Nightwish music video 'Élan' is finally here. Inspired by the untold stories of abandoned places around Finland, the video was nearly a year in the making and features some of the most loved Finnish actors and actresses. And also the legendary Nightwish symbol, a snowy owl (Bubo Scandiaca in Latin) called 'Urho' ('Braveheart')."

Endless Forms Most Beautiful drops on March 27th (Europe), March 30th (UK) and March 31st (North America) via Nuclear Blast.

[Also thanks to /Marius for sending in this news!]

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 13.02.2015 by BloodJuNkie

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 48   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 365 users
14.02.2015 - 00:16
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Floor is much better than this...I was never into Nightwish, but this is so damn bland.
14.02.2015 - 03:19
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Just as with "Eva", Tuomas chose a ballad type song to unveil a new singer. The difference is, now he has Floor Fucking Jansen in the band. You'd think he would have come up with something more hard-hitting than this. Of course, maybe he chose a folky song to give Troy some visibility. They are a six-piece now, after all.

Not bad, just a bit underwhelming.
14.02.2015 - 03:58
moe5512

Good pop-metal song. Never seen Kai Hahto play so "simple" drumming before
14.02.2015 - 04:42
The Evergreen

Written by moe5512 on 14.02.2015 at 03:58

Good pop-metal song. Never seen Kai Hahto play so "simple" drumming before

Kai made me laugh!

Loved it, that was beautiful!
14.02.2015 - 11:36
annodomini

Every single one prelistening reviews stated that Elan doesn't represent the whole album. It even said that this is the heaviest album since Once, so I still have high hopes.
----
the riddle wants to be...
14.02.2015 - 18:21
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Disappointed. Definitely lowering my expectations for the album x.x
----
loves 小巫
15.02.2015 - 01:20
HellriderRising

Nice song, but disapointing. It's not metal at all. I really hope that the rest of the album will be full of metal. It's a pity not to use Floor's excellent abilities and just stay on pop-metal ballads.
16.02.2015 - 19:08
GoTTZeuS

I need something more powerful, definitely I was expecting more. Hopefully the new album brings us something different. I like the last two albums but Gosh, how I miss the old Nightwish with Tarja.
18.02.2015 - 18:41
Carlonn

It seems to me that fans world-wide are making the same mistake: jugding the whole album (when it's not even out yet) by just one song. People, that's the worst you can do! And I'm not talking just about this case, but in general. Overall conclusions can be drawn only after we've listened to the whole ablum for atleast a few days. As for the single itself, Toumas didn't choose the song, Marco and Troy did. Toumas wanted Edema Ruh to be the single, but they conviced him to launch Elan instead. I have to admit I too was expecting something more metaly sounding, but I'm not entirely disapointed, its the fist time I head Floor singing so softly, witch was not such a bad surprise actually. We all know the power of her voice, now we see her in a bit different light. The song is indeed soft in sound, but its meaning is deep and strong, and I was very sorry to read that some you weren't able to reach past the superficial surface. As for the album itself I still have great expectations for it. Some moths ago (maybe even a year) the band said that this will be more of a band-album kinda like Century Child and Once, and not so thematical and conceptual as DPP and Imaginerum, even more so, the people who where at the pre-listening session of the album said that everything that can be expected from Nightwish will be found in this album. So the only thing left to do is wait and see.
----
A MetalHead with a MetalHeart !
19.02.2015 - 22:45
Ernis
狼獾
Is it just me or they actually did make Floor resemble Anette in the beginning of the video... especially if you notice that her face is hidden at first. It's a bit like it was in the beginning of the third Mummy film where they showed the leading lady from behind and took some time before they revealed that it was Maria Bello instead of Rachel Weisz... Making the transition smooth?
21.02.2015 - 01:52
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Carlonn on 18.02.2015 at 18:41

It seems to me that fans world-wide are making the same mistake: jugding the whole album (when it's not even out yet) by just one song. People, that's the worst you can do! And I'm not talking just about this case, but in general. Overall conclusions can be drawn only after we've listened to the whole ablum for atleast a few days. As for the single itself, Toumas didn't choose the song, Marco and Troy did. Toumas wanted Edema Ruh to be the single, but they conviced him to launch Elan instead. I have to admit I too was expecting something more metaly sounding, but I'm not entirely disapointed, its the fist time I head Floor singing so softly, witch was not such a bad surprise actually. We all know the power of her voice, now we see her in a bit different light. The song is indeed soft in sound, but its meaning is deep and strong, and I was very sorry to read that some you weren't able to reach past the superficial surface. As for the album itself I still have great expectations for it. Some moths ago (maybe even a year) the band said that this will be more of a band-album kinda like Century Child and Once, and not so thematical and conceptual as DPP and Imaginerum, even more so, the people who where at the pre-listening session of the album said that everything that can be expected from Nightwish will be found in this album. So the only thing left to do is wait and see.

Everyone knows this, but it's the first song. It HAS to be good for people to want to hear the rest. This sucks ass, and i have no will to listen to the album now, even knowing that it might not be all that bad.

This is the point of a promotional video. To SELL the album. This video and song is probably one of the worst i've ever seen, and has already given people a negative feeling about the album. It's not our fault.

I'm sure i'd give it a chance, but it is what it is.
21.02.2015 - 18:00
Netzach
Planewalker
They stated that this would be their "heaviest album yet" (seems like every album ever released by any band is their "heaviest yet", anyway...) but there must have been a terrible misunderstanding somewhere between the band and the PR department.

This ain't even a good pop-rock song. Fuck.
05.04.2015 - 18:04
Etaín

Written by Dark Cornatus on 21.02.2015 at 01:52

Everyone knows this, but it's the first song. It HAS to be good for people to want to hear the rest. This sucks ass, and i have no will to listen to the album now, even knowing that it might not be all that bad.

This is the point of a promotional video. To SELL the album. This video and song is probably one of the worst i've ever seen, and has already given people a negative feeling about the album. It's not our fault.

Listen to it
05.04.2015 - 19:53
Unhealer
Eclecticist
The other option as a first single was Enema Ruh, so... Elan is a very good song I think.
06.04.2015 - 09:44
baranbaran

This is very amazing......... i really like this...... well done for this great post.....
----
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
10.04.2015 - 06:46
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Etaín on 05.04.2015 at 18:04

Written by Dark Cornatus on 21.02.2015 at 01:52

Listen to it

Haha you like it?......

(Well of course you like it )

As the resident queen of Nightwish on Metalstorm, what is your general feelings about the album. I'll go off that haha
11.04.2015 - 14:15
Etaín

Written by Dark Cornatus on 10.04.2015 at 06:46

Haha you like it?......

As the resident queen of Nightwish on Metalstorm, what is your general feelings about the album. I'll go off that haha

Matt, just listen to it. Or if u got 2hours, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCKWFJyD_U (They played Stargazers, i mean wtf, Oceanborn stuff?!? 46:45 is my current fav song atm, still changes daily at this point) I love it more and more each time i listen to it. Floor was a gift from the gods to this band.
12.04.2015 - 03:46
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Etaín on 11.04.2015 at 14:15

Written by Dark Cornatus on 10.04.2015 at 06:46

Haha you like it?......

Matt, just listen to it. Or if u got 2hours, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCKWFJyD_U (They played Stargazers, i mean wtf, Oceanborn stuff?!? 46:45 is my current fav song atm, still changes daily at this point) I love it more and more each time i listen to it. Floor was a gift from the gods to this band.

Yeah i will listen to it, i just didn't like that single at all. It was garbage to my ears haha, but it seems to be the big trend with recent singles - make a pop radio friendly hit to get the attention, and release normal songs on album after.

That song sounds pretty cool, and yes i agree Floor is awesome, and glad to see her there.

Hits total: 6068 | This month: 13