Metal Storm logo
Lychgate - New Track Released, New Album Announced

The apocalyptic black metal unit Lychgate has unveiled a new track, entitled "Letter XIX" from their impending new album. The song is track 5 from the band's second effort, An Antidote For The Glass Pill, which will debut on deluxe vinyl, CD, and digital formats through Finnish/USA label Blood Music in early 2015. What are you waiting for? Listen to "Letter XIX" now!

From the label: "An Antidote For The Glass Pill is the ceremonial, liturgical brother of Esoteric and features Greg Chandler (Esoteric's frontman and founding member) on guitar, vocals, and engineering duties. The record is also perhaps the only black metal album in history that features full accompaniment by a professional church pipe organist throughout.

"We've been tracking the progress of this album from raw demos to polished finale and can attest that this was an incredible labor-of-love and also a work of painstaking genius. This is the rare kind of album that will actually give you goosebumps."

Courtesy of the label

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Lychgate
Posted: 13.02.2015 by BloodMusic

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 63 users
13.02.2015 - 19:25
Zap
Noice.

EDIT: Well, that was weird, don't know what to think really. I'm pretty sure it's shit, but I kinda like it.
13.02.2015 - 19:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Sounded too odd and lacked flow. Hopefully not a sign of the whole album.
13.02.2015 - 20:47
Lit.
Account deleted
Sounds really outdated in a way. Sounds like this album is gonna be another all hype, no substance situation like the debut.
14.02.2015 - 07:57
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 13.02.2015 at 20:47

Sounds like this album is gonna be another all hype, no substance situation like the debut.

This song doesn't sound anything like their debut in the first place.

Also this really isn't any good whereas I quite enjoyed their debut which was some really furious black metal without being meddled by unncessary church organs.
23.05.2015 - 13:21
Frombelow

I kind of like the atmoshere in the song. What I don't like is the mix. Drums drowning under the relentless organ sounds. Guitar almost not noticable. Could be good if they took it back to the mixer. TURN THAT ORGAN DOWN!
23.05.2015 - 13:31
Zap
Written by Frombelow on 23.05.2015 at 13:21

I kind of like the atmoshere in the song. What I don't like is the mix. Drums drowning under the relentless organ sounds. Guitar almost not noticable. Could be good if they took it back to the mixer. TURN THAT ORGAN DOWN!

Indeed, the organ should have been more in the background, I prefer that kind of instrument being incorporated in a subtler manner.

Hits total: 2180 | This month: 8