13. Ijime, Dame, Zettai

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 110   Visited by: 798 users
17.02.2015 - 04:41
Fearmeister
Account deleted
We praise you, oh dark lords, for this almighty gift.

Hail Satan!

Ia Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Hitler did nothing wrong

9/11 was an inside job
17.02.2015 - 04:52
Lit.
Account deleted
...And the drama begins in 3...

17.02.2015 - 05:33
no one
Account deleted
17.02.2015 - 07:39
Rating: 9
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Ha! After all that "we won't add it" thing, here it is
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.02.2015 - 09:17
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I can see 7 true fans.
17.02.2015 - 13:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Karlabos on 17.02.2015 at 07:39

Ha! After all that "we won't add it" thing, here it is

Nope, that was never said by the powers that be.
Unfortunately this crap band has a place here since it is metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.02.2015 - 14:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 17.02.2015 at 14:02

Didn't have to wait long for Marcel to jump in

Because staff never said that they wouldn't be added, so what J-fanboy said was untrue.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.02.2015 - 14:29
Rating: 4
Ilham
Giant robot
I already hate most female vocals, and the prepubescent whiny high-pitched kind is my kryptonite. I won't talk too much about how I hate all this borderline sick obsession with cuteness and young girls the Japanese have. I'm giving this a 4 for the good job the anonymous musicians did at emulating other bands and numerous styles.
17.02.2015 - 14:58
EliteJerk
Yeah this is pretty awful, generic music and annoying vocals. Also the comments on their videos are so cancerous.
17.02.2015 - 18:04
Zap
I'm not sure whether the people giving this high ratings are being serious. This is borderline fucking terrible.
17.02.2015 - 18:34
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Zap on 17.02.2015 at 18:04

I'm not sure whether the people giving this high ratings are being serious. This is borderline fucking terrible.

Well there's the fun element. I mean I listen to a lot of pop and other genres most people would find atrocious. When you look at it just musically, and take out the idols, it's metal having fun with other genres and that's cool. I can imagine how someone who doesn't have an aversion to childlike singing and Japanese idiocy could like it. It's musically better than Emmure, you know.
Unless you think it's terrible for the same reasons as me .
17.02.2015 - 18:41
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Zap on 17.02.2015 at 18:04

Still better than Lulu and St.Anger. It is at least funny.
17.02.2015 - 18:51
Rating: 6
CyberSymphony
Ollie
I knew one day Babymetal would be added and here it is an average rating is really the highest I can go with the album.
17.02.2015 - 18:58
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I foresee this going among the bottom 20 in no time
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.02.2015 - 19:08
Zap
Written by Ilham on 17.02.2015 at 18:34

Well there's the fun element. I mean I listen to a lot of pop and other genres most people would find atrocious. When you look at it just musically, and take out the idols, it's metal having fun with other genres and that's cool. I can imagine how someone who doesn't an aversion to childlike singing and Japanese idiocy could like it. It's musically better than Emmure, you know.
Unless you think it's terrible for the same reasons as me .

Well, unlike you I do like a lot of female vocals (not a lot in metal, but still more than you I think, although I can't be sure,) but this is just... awful. I don't see the appeal of it (the "fun element" you speak of, I'm not hearing it.) This just sounds like it was actually made to be annoying. I only care about metal bands having fun with other genres when the music mixes the two genres well into a cohesive whole. (And I like a fair amount of pop, just mostly pre-2000-ish)

But, ignoring the pop element and just focusing on the metal; I still don't find it much better than Emmure. All the somewhat cool moments were ripped right out of some other band's discography that did it better.

And to top it all off, this is the kind of shit my ex-girlfriend would have forced me to listen to, so I'm at least glad we broke up before she discovered this "band" (I knew them already at the time but avoided telling her about it )
17.02.2015 - 19:08
Zap
Written by Hex_Omega on 17.02.2015 at 18:41

Still better than Lulu and St.Anger. It is at least funny.

I have no idea what you're talking about, when I look back on the Lulu days for example, I remember a lot of jokes and laughs, this just annoys the living crap out of me and I fail to see what's funny about it. Lulu was something I'd show my friends to have a laugh, I care too much about them to make them go through this garbage. In fact, this is probably the first album I've come across on Metal Storm that I'd rate a 1, although I can't be bothered to actually finish listening to it.
17.02.2015 - 19:10
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Zap on 17.02.2015 at 19:08

I have no idea what you're talking about, when I look back on the Lulu days for example, I remember a lot of jokes and laughs, this just annoys the living crap out of me and I fail to see what's funny about it. Lulu was something I'd show my friends to have a laugh, I care too much about them to make them go through this garbage. In fact, this is probably the first album I've come across on Metal Storm that I'd rate a 1, although I can't be bothered to actually finish listening to it.

Lulu and St.Anger are too painful for me to listen. But I actually laugh when I see Babymetal video.
17.02.2015 - 19:15
Ilham
Giant robot

[reasons]

Well I share most of your opinion on this. Apart from the fact I think it does a good job at mimicking other bands and blends the J-pop rather well in it. Okay, if Emmure isn't bad enough, just go watch a video of Attila (not the singer we know, the band) .
17.02.2015 - 19:15
Zap
Written by Hex_Omega on 17.02.2015 at 19:10

Lulu and St.Anger are too painful for me to listen. But I actually laugh when I see Babymetal video.

I guess we're very different people then, since I can't think of anything more hurtful to my ears than listening to Babymetal. Anyways, I'm gonna stop giving this album the attention it doesn't deserve.
17.02.2015 - 19:19
Zap
Written by Ilham on 17.02.2015 at 19:15

Well I share most of your opinion on this. Apart from the fact I think it does a good job at mimicking other bands and blends the J-pop rather well in it. Okay, if Emmure isn't bad enough, just go watch a video of Attila (not the singer we know, the band) .

With a little effort I can actually listen to an entire song of this (not saying I will though ), sooooo...
17.02.2015 - 19:35
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Zap on 17.02.2015 at 19:15

I guess we're very different people then, since I can't think of anything more hurtful to my ears than listening to Babymetal. Anyways, I'm gonna stop giving this album the attention it doesn't deserve.

You know, the main difference between St. Anger, Lulu and Babymetal debut is that St. Anger and Lulu were made for real while Babymetal project is (IMO) rather joke project from the very beginning and it supposed to be fun. There is no reason to treat this album too seriously.
17.02.2015 - 19:49
Fearmeister
Account deleted

But, ignoring the pop element and just focusing on the metal; I still don't find it much better than Emmure. All the somewhat cool moments were ripped right out of some other band's discography that did it better.

The trick is to not do that in the first place. This is first and foremost a pop record that has been metalized. If you treat it like a pop record, then you (should) find it awesome. The people who has giving it a high score (such as me and Karla) might have given it due to their weakness to J-Pop. At least, that is the case for me.
17.02.2015 - 19:51
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
I guess you have indeed to be into J-culture in general to get it
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
17.02.2015 - 19:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I treated it as a pop record and I still find it a total crapfest. No matter how I treat it, it remains a huge pile of steaming shit. Just like almost all of that J-pop, J-culture, or whatever it is called.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.02.2015 - 19:58
Zap
Written by Hex_Omega on 17.02.2015 at 19:35

You know, the main difference between St. Anger, Lulu and Babymetal debut is that St. Anger and Lulu were made for real while Babymetal project is (IMO) rather joke project from the very beginning and it supposed to be fun. There is no reason to treat this album too seriously.

Jokes can be good, bad, terrible, etc. Heck, some parodies are better than the thing they're parodying.
Also, whether or not it was intended as a joke is irrelevant to how much I enjoy it. Lulu might not have been intentionally funny, but it was a better joke-album than this. I definitely don't treat this album seriously, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I can't stand it.
17.02.2015 - 20:00
Zap
Written by Guest on 17.02.2015 at 19:49

The trick is to not do that in the first place.

That was just to point out how it's not only the J-pop that turns me off. The first song didn't have a lot of that crap and it was still sub-par.
17.02.2015 - 20:04
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 17.02.2015 at 20:00

That was just to point out how it's not only the J-pop that turns me off. The first song didn't have a lot of that crap and it was still sub-par.

Which is the reason why that song is the weakest on the album.
17.02.2015 - 20:35
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.02.2015 at 14:08

Because staff never said that they wouldn't be added, so what J-fanboy said was untrue.

They were actually blacklisted, only staff have a say in that blacklist of bands that should never be added.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
17.02.2015 - 20:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by wrathchild on 17.02.2015 at 20:35

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.02.2015 at 14:08

They were actually blacklisted, only staff have a say in that blacklist of bands that should never be added.

Then who the hell blacklisted it without consulting the rest? It must have been done by a lone wolf.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.02.2015 - 22:26
Vombatus
Potorro
I hate the concept of getting children in a band for the showbiz. Plus, I hate J-pop/cute-culture or whatever that thing is that Japan does so much. And their videos gave me cancer. I'm out.

Hits total: 12398 | This month: 37