Metal Storm logo
Undersmile - New Album Cover And Release Date Revealed

Three years after they released Narwhal, the Oxford based sludge/doom metal outfit Undersmile return with their new record. It will be entitled Anhedonia and the front cover artwork, photography by Pier Corona and the layout/type by Jack Burley, has been unveiled. You can feast your eyes on it right now. You can expect the new album to be released on the 1st of April via Black Bow Records.

The label comments: "Composed of seven tracks, and clocking in at over 70 minutes, Anhedonia is the spiritual successor to 2012's Narwhal, and an elegant synthesis of the band's entire back-catalogue. But where Undersmile once relished distortion and discord, Anhedonia finds the band experimenting with a wider sonic palette and dynamic range, utilising clean guitars and cellos as much as Skyhammer Studio's collection of vintage amps and fuzz boxes."

Are you excited?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Undersmile
Posted: 19.02.2015 by Pazdzioch

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 38 users
19.02.2015 - 17:46
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Never heard of them before seems like my cup of tea.
19.02.2015 - 18:07
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Maybe this new album will be a bit... faster?
19.02.2015 - 18:13
Paz

Written by Hex_Omega on 19.02.2015 at 18:07

Maybe this new album will be a bit... faster?

lol, please no!
19.02.2015 - 18:16
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Paz on 19.02.2015 at 18:13
lol, please no!

Narwhal is enjoyable but IMO this band needs more variety.
19.02.2015 - 18:55
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Great news. Loved the debut.
19.02.2015 - 19:41
PocketMetal

Awesome band, can't wait.
19.02.2015 - 22:25
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Hex_Omega on 19.02.2015 at 18:16

Hmm, curious as to what you mean by that?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
19.02.2015 - 23:05
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Auntie Sahar on 19.02.2015 at 22:25

Written by Hex_Omega on 19.02.2015 at 18:16

Hmm, curious as to what you mean by that?

I mean not only long and slow songs. Maybe few faster songs, maybe some variety like solos, keyboards, symphonic elements, etc. Narwhal is like one, long and extremely slow song.
20.02.2015 - 00:43
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Hex_Omega on 19.02.2015 at 23:05

I mean not only long and slow songs. Maybe few faster songs, maybe some variety like solos, keyboards, symphonic elements, etc. Narwhal is like one, long and extremely slow song.

It's drone doom man, I don't really know what else you'd be expecting
The only thing I can really say I think would be a cool improvement upon the band's sound would be if they took some of those short ambient tracks from Narwhal and started weaving such techniques into the longer tracks, for some cool, atmospheric doom results. And yes, solos would be pretty cool, but only if they were of that really slow, minimalistic, psychedelic type of approach. I don't think anything too fast or widdly diddly would really suit the style the band seems to be going for.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 1655 | This month: 6