Metal Storm logo
Destrose - Guitarist Departs, Singer Goes On Sick Leave

Destrose just can't seem to catch a break. In the latest blow to the long-suffering Japanese heavy metallers, guitarist Mina has announced her departure from the band. For some years, she's struggled with multiple chemical sensitivity, which had already restricted her touring activities, and as there's been no improvement in her symptoms, she's decided to bow out for good. Having co-founded the band as Destroya back in 2005, Mina was the last surviving member of Destrose's original line-up.

Mina

As if that wasn't enough, word of Mina's exit was accompanied by the news that vocalist Lisa will be temporarily withdrawing from Destrose. This is so she can undergo treatment for nodules on her vocal cords. Ibuki, vocalist of Around The Nation and Light Bringer offshoot Art Of Gradation, will fill in for all upcoming dates.

Ibuki

Source: destrose.net
Band profile: Destrose
Posted: 22.02.2015 by Ruchesko

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 51 users
22.02.2015 - 12:55
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Damn... how the hell is this band still going on even without the last founding member left? I mean... she was the one who did her best in keeping the band together through those line-up changes. Now when she is gone, who took the lead? The bassist?

Did Mina retire from studio work as well? Or just from touring?
22.02.2015 - 21:11
Ruchesko

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 22.02.2015 at 12:55

Damn... how the hell is this band still going on even without the last founding member left? I mean... she was the one who did her best in keeping the band together through those line-up changes. Now when she is gone, who took the lead? The bassist?

Sheer determination, I guess. The Prologue did fairly well in the charts, so there's certainly incentive for them to continue.

As for whose taking the lead, the bassist Miho was the first to break the news on Twitter, so that could be a sign.

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 22.02.2015 at 12:55

Did Mina retire from studio work as well? Or just from touring?

Just touring from what I'm aware. She's been quite actively promoting the Animeta Girl EP, so one assumes she'll be carrying that on.

Hits total: 5376 | This month: 11